post a pic of your bookshelf (1 Viewer)

ashllis92

HSC
thanks im in hospital and i had the shittest day and you guy made me feel just that little bit better that im not going to cut myself tonight, seriously
You're welcome, chin up, you'll get through.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I admire your determination aussienerd, and I'm sure you'll get there in the end. Remember, nothing that's worth doing is easy. I've bought very few textbooks and those that I have, I've sold. So this is about a quarter of what we've been expected to refer to over the years.

I don't know if it's an appropriate level of detail for med students, but I found Sherwood's physiology book to be really good and actually regret selling it now. Agree with the comments about Rang and Dale--even as a pharm student I only used it a handful of times throughout the 3 semesters of pharmacology. It's a good book, but it just never got used.

Do you med guys not use TGs? I'm kinda surprised.

freq707

HSC
Torrents are the way to go!
haha might be a bit shifty...
but saves you so much money
pathology for instance - robbins basic path is so easy to find on the net, complement with a $4 path text book from the UNSW book sale and im set!
lol

actually..the unsw book sale is pretty good for all kinds of medicine books, i got histo, path, anat/physio, pharm and even a bunch of clinical nursing books for a friend and knox biology, all only like $4-$8 each!

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yer, i see some in the monash uni bookshop from time to time for under 10 bucks. but they are quite out of date so i still buy the latest editions. i just like the feel and smell of new books. it gives me motivation to study (which i need) >.<

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
anyone else? im interested in seeing bookins... they excite me

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
These 11 books was for 1 law subject when i was doing law. I needed more books in law than med, but law didnt require you to learn the stuff in as great depth as med since exams were open book exams!!!!!:jump::jump:
In commerce theres generally only 1 book per subject and even thats not totally required.

sorry, blurry pic was taken years ago when digital cameras were still 1Megapixel

--------- by the way, all my books are available from bitme.org, to download nowadays.. hehe

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
These 11 books was for 1 law subject when i was doing law. I needed more books in law than med, but law didnt require you to learn the stuff in as great depth as med since exams were open book exams!!!!!:jump::jump:
In commerce theres generally only 1 book per subject and even thats not totally required.

sorry, blurry pic was taken years ago when digital cameras were still 1Megapixel

--------- by the way, all my books are available from bitme.org, to download nowadays.. hehe

wow that's a shitload of books for one subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)