Possible Exam Questions (1 Viewer)

Divinity_

HSC
What are some possible exam questions for 'Speeches' ?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Do you think there is any way they would ask us to refer to a specific speech(es)?
Cause I know two essays off by heart (4 speeches).... I REALLY don't wanna memorize seven speeches D:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
When given a speech to write in the exam... it's basically just writing an essay but helps me re-inforce my points and arguments as I'm adjusting to debating style stuff. Just have the odd speech elements in there such as questions, emphasis, humor (if appropriate) and speech signals if you were to read it.

The questions would be basically the same as any normal essay - but perhaps a little simpler :)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Do you think there is any way they would ask us to refer to a specific speech(es)?
Cause I know two essays off by heart (4 speeches).... I REALLY don't wanna memorize seven speeches D:
Well, I'm doing essays, pretty much the same thing, and my teacher said that although unlikely, they could, which I'm worried about (I have 6 essays).

When given a speech to write in the exam... it's basically just writing an essay but helps me re-inforce my points and arguments as I'm adjusting to debating style stuff. Just have the odd speech elements in there such as questions, emphasis, humor (if appropriate) and speech signals if you were to read it.

The questions would be basically the same as any normal essay - but perhaps a little simpler :)
LOL - she wasn't asking about questions that require you to write in the form of a speech. In the HSC level, not all core texts are novels or films, there are speeches and essays and you have to study several of them as one whole text.

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
do you have to provide a link between your speeches in your essay?

imartin

HSC
They will most likely specify which speeches to use. This is because there used to be about 6 more speeches than we have this year. In our trial we had to reflect on crap it was gay

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I'm doing essays, pretty much the same thing, and my teacher said that although unlikely, they could, which I'm worried about (I have 6 essays).

LOL - she wasn't asking about questions that require you to write in the form of a speech. In the HSC level, not all core texts are novels or films, there are speeches and essays and you have to study several of them as one whole text.
Oh, I misunderstood.

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
They will most likely specify which speeches to use. This is because there used to be about 6 more speeches than we have this year. In our trial we had to reflect on crap it was gay
that's what we had to do.

i was so tempted to say i now know how not to write a terrible speech using reference to atwood and deane...

but i just made up crap. one good thing i love about english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)