possible 5-7 mark question (1 Viewer)

mathock

HSC
hey can anybody help with the dot point "9.6.2.B1 - identify data, select equipment, plan and perform a first hand investigation to compare the rate of corrosion and an identified form of steel"??? i hope its not ina big question tomorrow coz i dont know anything about it!?! probably do, but can't remember the prac... help!!

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
i hope that is not the big one, we kinda talked bout it but due to the first hand's nature, we couldn't do it. weigh and place clean samples of zinc, a nail and i think it is a piece of stainless steel into test tubes containing identical amounts of saltwater with the same concerntration. ensure the surface area of the samples are similar. leave the tubes for two days, clean and dry the samples and reweigh.

zinc should lose the most mass, then the iron nail.

mathock

HSC
aw i remember it now, we talked about it too, but didnt do it... we did this other one that had like a million nails all in mini test tubes in heaps of different solutions like distilled, sea and tap water, top layer of olive oil etc... im screwed tomorrow :) u worried??

lucyinthehole

don't worry mathock, you're not alone in being screwed. i have yet to actually go through the last half of shipwrecks cos it wasn't in our trial so i didn't make notes on it

hsc online is a lifesaver though

mathock

HSC
damn straight :) if i get into my 1st pref it will all be thanks to Bored of Studies, HSC online, coke (sugar rush :)) and divine intervention haha

helper

HSC
N/A
If that comes up do not use zinc as the dot point talks about a piece of iron and piece of steel (eg stainless steel, with 10% chromium and 10% nickel)

Then follow aims directions.
Remember to keep everything else controlled. Eg size of nail.
Do for a bunch of nails and repeat.

DAAVE

HSC
I reckon for the 6-7 marker they will do 2 salvage projects.

mathock

HSC
aim54x said:
mathock ur talkin bout the million nails one, we didn't do that but we saw it at the maritime museum excursion. that one covers more than u need. it covers a few pracs
yeah now that i think about it, i remember the pracs... and im with dave, the 7 marker will be on salvage projects, thats what our trial one was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)