Possibility of Loss of an Answer Sheet/Booklet? (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Just something that came across my mind, considering there are 80000 + papers to mark.

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
It's not like you can do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure every precaution is made to ensure the safe delivery of the exam papers :p

And I think they are scanned on arrival too, so if anything happens to the hard copy during marking or whatnot then they can always refer to it.

silence--

HSC
well i guess it could happen

but i would think that there is an effective of way of dealing with this

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol its not your fault if it does
so meh
BOS has probably learnt after years of those SC/HSC papers

CecilyMare

HSC
I always wondered what would happen if one of the markers spilt coffee over a student's answer sheets, or even worse, had their pen leak all over the sheets and it spread and seeped everywhere and then you couldn't even read the student's writing and like aksjdlfksdj SHIT!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I always wondered what would happen if one of the markers spilt coffee over a student's answer sheets, or even worse, had their pen leak all over the sheets and it spread and seeped everywhere and then you couldn't even read the student's writing and like aksjdlfksdj SHIT!
The type of pens we use aren't likely to leak (and they are given to us by the BOS) but it would be extremely rare not to be able to read anything.

As for the coffee thing - possible certainly as markers do have coffee at their desks but every marker I have ever seen has their coffee on the side of their desk away from their papers.

Both of the above could happen but in 18 years of marking I have never seen or heard of it happening (not saying it hasn't - just that I have not seen or heard of it).

Tofuu

HSC
my math teacher was talking about a HSC marker for math had a whole stack of papers, he left his trunk open, a wind blew, and he was there for quite a while picking up papers

^when that happens, there might be a possiblity

Amogh

HSC
N/A
that would suck if yuo've aced it
au contraire, if you stuffed up then its uber lucky
or maybe BOS will make you sit another HSC
lololololol

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
my math teacher was talking about a HSC marker for math had a whole stack of papers, he left his trunk open, a wind blew, and he was there for quite a while picking up papers

^when that happens, there might be a possiblity

That is possible because Maths isn't corporatively marked but the markers are able to take the questions home and mark them there.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
That is possible because Maths isn't corporatively marked but the markers are able to take the questions home and mark them there.
Hey i know this is off topic but i was just reading in a different topic that a few people were worried about mixing up multible choice sheets in HSIE. Is there anything in place to fix this if someone where to get it wrong or something? Im sure i got it right myself, but thinking about it im sure every year atleast one person mixes them up by accident.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey i know this is off topic but i was just reading in a different topic that a few people were worried about mixing up multible choice sheets in HSIE. Is there anything in place to fix this if someone where to get it wrong or something? Im sure i got it right myself, but thinking about it im sure every year atleast one person mixes them up by accident.
If you mean by mixing up which sheet you used on which to mark your answers I really don't know if they would be able to pick it up as they are scanned but they may very well have something in the programme that identifies a student whose Geography and History MC sheets seem to be wrong. e.g. if the sheets come up History 5/20 and Geography 3/20 but the other way round would go 16/20 and 17/20 the computer may pick it up but that would mean that the BOS actually foresaw that possibility and thus wrote the code into the computer. I suspect that they might have done so but don't know for sure.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The probability is probably too low for you to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)