Positives & Negatives of Major Works! (1 Viewer)

libgem

18 Arial purple

I'm in Yr 12 doing 2 major works and have to do a talk to younger years about subject choices!

What do you love?
What do you hate?
Why?

I'm interested in your opinions!

libgem

i know exactly what that feels like!
stress, time management, holidays, weekends etc

but then you are independent in what you do, the choices you make etc, not just learning out of a text book

<<lauren>>

i like the fact that you get something out of all your efforts, even though i know that ill be unhappy with it by the end anyway. i dont like that the efforts put in aren't appreciated to their total extent ie. poor scaling. also, there is a lot of waiting around and then work put in in your own time in arty subjects where you need the teachers assistance, but this can depend on your own choice of project and its difficulty, and also the size of the class. i have a pretty big class but a good teacher so it works out well. time management is going to prove to be a problem....i think after ive done my sixty french seams (thats taken three weeks to do thirty so far) ill be spending a sleepless few weeks beading...

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
what are you making lauren?
lm doing a christening gow, bonnet and coat, the embroidery is taking a while but i can make the gown while embroidereing the coat so it works well, it will be worth it in the end!

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by mei_ling03
major works for what subject?
well.....if I keep six of my subjects then I'll have 3 major works to do -----> Textiles and Design, Society and Culture and Software Design and Development

<<lauren>>

jillybean, im making an evening dress with faux panels and a lot of beading!! i was planning on beading the entire bodice to the hips, but i realised i only really have the holidays to do it and the folio, and i have to write my history extension essay (which i have yet to start...oops) in that time too!! i think ive tried to take on a bit too much...but we'll just see how everything turns out.

is it all hand embroidering? your project sounds lovely, we should all put up some photos when theyre done

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
lauren, yes its all hand embroidery, we should all put photos up, just remember it will be worth it in the end, the dress sopunds gorgeous, just keep going, ull get there in the end and it will be well worth it (",)

wenwen

lucky i only have to do 1 ^^
at first i really thought it'd b piece of cake, n couldn't understand y ppl say u have to spend so much time doing it....now that i'm doing it, understanding the amount of work required and thoughts u have to put into it....god~ save me!!!
haHA....
well~ good luck to everyone!!!!! ...and to myself as well ^^

libgem

not long now! panic...... i've been working on mine full on for the past 5 days.... and it looks horrid! i want to cry! and theres no way i 'll finish it in time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)