Port Macquarie Schoolies (1 Viewer)

S Luke

HSC
Port Macquarie Holidays/Schoolies

Aye crew
me a few other younger people have started running schoolies since last year and dan the man YES there is a schoolies week this year for out of towners.... we have 7 full days of partying/chilling/adventuring in an exclusive schoolies zone so thats right, the old dirty farts cant come in and either can blow ins! what we do have as well for all the Youth in Port is Festival of the Sun, which this year has headline band Gabriels Day and Level One, this is on Saturday the 11th of December at Town Beach (lots of free giveaways)
Check out www.portmacquarieholidays.com and keep us up to date on what you schoolies think would be fun cause we want to keep adding new things. Last year we had around 150 people who all got to know each other over the week and who all seemed to have a pretty sweet ass time, but remember its only one week and its exclusive with Port Macquarie Holidays/Sundowner
PS Port to Sydney is 5 hrs on the road on a bad day (hey Agnes maybe you were stuck in traffic in Syd??/)

HSC
Yeah after thinking about it, port was pretty ok overall, except for the lack of nightlife, but we had lots of people at my house so it was all good cos we'd have parties all day and night. it ended up being more about relaxing and just getting to know everyone again after such a hectic year. but rest assured we got drunk and stoned every single day and night :)

we'd had midori + lemonade and tequila slammers with breakfast (at 12pm) on the verandah overlooking the beach and it was just so nice and peaceful ... :) .... until the piss kicked in :D:D

now im home i really am keen to move out, being independent for a week just gave me the biggest buzz, the biggest surge of motivation. we just did stuff whenever we wanted, but we still did the things we had to like clean and cook and drink and smoke.

anyone else get that feeling after schoolies? cos i know most of my schoolies friends did.

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
I got that feeling too! After coming back from schoolies at hawks nest, I was so sad, i missed it so much. It just feels like there's nothing to do back home, even clubbing isn't the same as schoolies. I loved how we just had our own place to do whatever whenever, we could invite ppl back at any time, come home any time, .....definately one of the best weeks of my life. I can see why ppl try to do schoolies over and over

And yeah, i feel waaayyy too old to be living at home now even though i never considered moving out before schoolies

HSC
Just imagine wat port is normally like if it was that borin 4 1 of its most excitin weeks, ive lived here for 17 years and ive been bored 4 17years, the only thing to look forward to is maybe a beach party at local watonga rocks with 20 people. i cant wait till i leave here

Pharrell

Yeah, ofcourse port's not a happening place, The worst and best thing about this town is the people. Firstly, Its shit cause every wanker in this town knows each other, but on the other hand we're a close community and our friends rock, therefore Port is a place of people not clubs, if u get my drift.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Pharrell said:
Yeah, ofcourse port's not a happening place, The worst and best thing about this town is the people. Firstly, Its shit cause every wanker in this town knows each other, but on the other hand we're a close community and our friends rock, therefore Port is a place of people not clubs, if u get my drift.
Yeah, I hate that about Port.
People know me and I have no idea who they are. One dude was going on about how hot he thought I was, and I'd never ever met/heard of/seen in ever before in my life. Quite scary.
But my friends are champs :D that's the main thing

HSC
some of my mates went there b4 comin up to gold coast with my group....they said port was shit as in not happeneing at all....they made up for their lack of fun by fucking their apartment room up and losing their bond lol

Danoz The Great

HSC
Parking at port central has just been cut back as of 1st december, and it's caught out so many people.
There was one lady who had to refund all her christmas shopping to pay the parking fine, quite sad :(

Trev

stix
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Parking at port central has just been cut back as of 1st december, and it's caught out so many people.
There was one lady who had to refund all her christmas shopping to pay the parking fine, quite sad :(
quite funny lol

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Port Macquarie

First of all, I was born in Port Macquarie and have lived here for all 16 years of my life. Yes, I know what you're thinking, get a life. Well, it's not by choice, let me reassure you that.
I'm the partying type person who loves to go out and actually do stuff, so Port Macquarie is a real crap hole for people like me.

Unless of course you are drunk, then any place seems interesting!

P.S. Also, unless you want a boring time, do NOT come to Port Macquarie for Schoolies.

Trev

stix
HSC
sNiPeR_24 said:
First of all, I was born in Port Macquarie and have lived here for all 16 years of my life. Yes, I know what you're thinking, get a life. Well, it's not by choice, let me reassure you that.
I'm the partying type person who loves to go out and actually do stuff, so Port Macquarie is a real crap hole for people like me.

P.S. Also, unless you want a boring time, do NOT come to Port Macquarie for Schoolies.
.........amen

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
sNiPeR_24 said:

Don't bag your town unless you've lived elsewhere.

I've lived in 6 other varied towns in my life and, believe me, Port gets the cake.
No, the night life may not be spectacular, but compared to what? Surfers???
Of course you can't do a lot of stuff, you're only 16!
You don't really know how good you've got it, do you?

Get a life indeed, Its in Port Macquarie!

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
max said:
Don't bag your town unless you've lived elsewhere.

I've lived in 6 other varied towns in my life and, believe me, Port gets the cake.
No, the night life may not be spectacular, but compared to what? Surfers???
Of course you can't do a lot of stuff, you're only 16!
You don't really know how good you've got it, do you?

Get a life indeed, Its in Port Macquarie!
I never said Port Macquarie wasn't a nice place, I just said for my preferred choice of entertainment/fun, which is doing anything exhilerating or exciting, Port Macquarie is not really for me.

Port has a demographic of a heavy number of senior citizens, therefore the place has that aura about it of conservatism and lacking progression. Our only main tourist attractions such as Peppermint Park and Fantasy Glades (for the little ones) have closed and been turned into high-rise apartment blocks.

To evidence my point of the unattractiveness of this place for teenagers, go to the C.B.D. on the corner of the Ritz Twin Cinema's and count how many times you see the same P-plater cars go past on a Friday or Saturday night... Driving round and round and round again. To blow their pay-cheques (or their parents') on fuel? Or for the thrill of circling the C.B.D.? No, it's a direct result of the lack of entertainment facilities in the town - they have nothing better to do.

For a retiree, however, Port Macquarie is paradise. The laid back lifestyle and centralised layout of the town makes it a very attractive place.

So Port offers a lot to most and very little to others, but overall it is a nice place to live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)