port macquarie campus!!! (1 Viewer)

kezryn

HSC
i was just wondering about the bachelor of nursing at the port macquaire campus?? is it any good. i dont know whether to go to an actual uni or port because it is closer.....

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I don't actually think we have anyone doing nursing at Newcastle, nor anyone who goes to Port Macquarie campus on this forum (correct me if I’m wrong though). I do have a friend though who's doing nursing at Callaghan and his enjoying it immensely. You do get a really nice lecture theatre at Callaghan. I think though if you live closer to Port Macquarie that would probably be the better option. However if your moving away from home no matter what then you might prefer to go to callaghan campus, as you might enjoy the atmosphere associated with a large campus.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i say do it at port if thats what youre more comfy with, youll save so much money and uni is such a small part of life!

kezryn

HSC
ok that sounds good. thanks for the advice. i was just talking to my sister who goes to une and i am now thinking about going there as they offer a really great nursing program. im just really undecided bout the right uni i think. i will just see what happens, thats probly the best idea. what do u all reckon??

Danoz The Great

HSC
All of the courses done here at Port Macquarie are only first-year lectures, which means you have to transfer to do second- and so on years of your degree.
If you don't mind doing that, then by all means go ahead and come to Port, we'll give you cookies!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i didnt know there was either
by the way princess sj, there was someone on bos in my science tute, was it you!?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
Argonaut said:
If you want to do something like nursing, I'd say your best bet is to go somewhere that's well-established. Right now there seems to be little or no enthusiasm for university courses here (after the exodus of Southern Cross) purely because of the demographics of the area (significant proportion of the population has retired, etc). And even if they are serious about offering these courses, there's still a chance that they won't eventuate into anything given what happened this time.
what happened to southern cross?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
dani_danoz said:
All of the courses done here at Port Macquarie are only first-year lectures, which means you have to transfer to do second- and so on years of your degree.
If you don't mind doing that, then by all means go ahead and come to Port, we'll give you cookies!
um no theyre only offering 1st year atm cos its the first year....in the 2nd year theyll offer 2nd year and so on!

*shakes head*

kezryn

HSC
so will i be able to do a full bachelor of nursing at port or am i better off going to coffs harbour

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
kezryn said:
so will i be able to do a full bachelor of nursing at port or am i better off going to coffs harbour
you can def do a full degree at port mac but its up to u if u wanna go to a uni with hardly any ppl or if u wanna go to a bigger uni
i reccomend coming to newcastle to do it but if ur only options are port or coffs go to port cos a newy uni degree is better than an scu one.

Danoz The Great

HSC
twisted_emily said:
um no theyre only offering 1st year atm cos its the first year....in the 2nd year theyll offer 2nd year and so on!

*shakes head*
Um, no.... People in 1st year nursing this year have to transfer, if they were going to be doing 2nd year next year, they wouldn't have to transfer wouldn't they?
*shakes head*

Southern cross closed down here about 5 years ago.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
it just seems ridiculour that theyd only offer one year of a course there

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
what did you think of the test?? can raw data really be cooked????

lol, well duh, raw data is my favourite meal
and websites use jpegs cos they sound the nerdiest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)