Pore cleanser (1 Viewer)

payafee

HSC
does anyone own one of
these?

i get a lot of blackheads and whiteheads and i tend to have a habit of squeezing my skin which only makes it worse. cleansers and facial masks don't do jack for me so i thought this might be a safe and effective method. so, does it work?

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
hey...
well weni was at my family doctor he prescribed a lotion for me ... it works if u keep using it.. i just dont bother sumtimes but its good... its nothing u can just buy from coles or watever coz its a composition the pharmacist has to make for u so yea check it out

Last edited:

payafee

HSC
i never really understood how mud masks work. i mean how can it get rid of the blackheads when its applied on the surface and then you wash it off.. i dont notice any difference. :confused:

bumbo_hippo

HSC
dat thing u had..
funny pore sucking thing...i was goin to get one...
does it work?

i have heapz of black heads and all diff colour heads...-___-"
buh yea...i think im having skin allergies too...face so bloody dry...

mask dun realli do much...
wat does mask do anywayz? my bro makes me use it...buh i duno wat it realli does...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
payafee said:
does anyone own one of
these?

i get a lot of blackheads and whiteheads and i tend to have a habit of squeezing my skin which only makes it worse. cleansers and facial masks don't do jack for me so i thought this might be a safe and effective method. so, does it work?
I bought one of those like a few years ago from Avon for around the same price. It doesnt work- like sometimes u have to leave it on for longer than afew seconds on tha particular part of the face cos the suction isnt particularly strong enough to unplog pores deeply. it can lift on the surface but u end up having to squeeze them urself if the blackheads/whiteheads are too deep. The best way is facial masks or having one of those daily cleansing routines&processes. Dnt use that loreal pure zone shit, it didnt work for me and made my blackheads worse. I used facial masks and that helped heaps.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
get an extraction facial every month. its quite expensive, but i have a friend who goes to the salon school and they do it for 10 bucks.

this is the best way i have found to keep skin clear. the rest of the month, use a gentle cleanser and moisturiser like cetaphil.

dont get that little extraction thing, it looks sort of dodgy.

Keen

MD
HSC
I've said it (at least) once and I'll say it again.
What you need is Benzac AC 5% that you can get from the pharmacy for about $10-$15 and you can use a moisteriser/cleanser (I use Nivea Visage) - $8. This will work brilliantly if you use day and night and you should see very good results in 3-4 weeks.

Any more questions.....

Keen

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
damn i thought it said pope cleanser.

I would have loved that.

HSC
Get a facial whenever you start feeling gross and gunky. It's well worth the price - mud masks are okay if you can do them properly, but most people leave them until they're too dry. Don't use those weird cleansers with little beads. They don't work for anyone i know.

I found this awesome thing for blackheads. It's the Missha (yes, that weird korean store in QVB) microfibre blackhead cleaning cloth. I started using it and all this gunk came out of my nose. It was completely gross but i was blackhead free afterwards.
And it's $5, so what do you have to lose?

still waiting

HSC
quick question for those that do use masks can anyone recommend a good one?
and whiterabbit where abouts is that store in the qvb?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I've heard those things can give you bruises if you use them incorrectly, which is apparently easy to to =/

Glycolic acid lotions (Neostrata, etc) seem to work the best for me. They prevent dead skin and gunk from building up in the first place. Well, combined with a weekly mud mask, that is.

bumbo_hippo

HSC
anyone got a good moisturiser?
sigh...im looking for one..can't find any good ones...
either too oily...or still realli dry...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ok people.

THE ONLY MOISTURISER YOU NEED IS CETAPHIL!

its cheap and it works. waste ur money on other lotions and potions if you want, but cetaphil is the best.

HSC
still waiting said:
quick question for those that do use masks can anyone recommend a good one?
and whiterabbit where abouts is that store in the qvb?
10-o-six mud mask thingy is pretty good value for money.

And Missha is across from Diva, near Fossil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)