Pop Culture Essay Question (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Hey everyone
I'm attempting to do the question from last year's hsc paper
Evaluate how technology, the media and institutional power may influence the future directions of one popular culture

However, i'm a little confused. Do we look at the pop culture's future from today's perspective e.g. what place it has in today's society and what the future holds for it from now, or do we look at how the future of the pop culture has been influenced in the past (like from when it started till now?)
i'm sorry if that all didn't make sense! i think i know what i mean :) any help would be great, or if you've done this question in the past, what did you write for it?

*rinney*

HSC
i get what you mean. no, the future means "predicting" where popular culture will be in say 50 yrs time - i did rock and roll music - based on like current trends or like how it has evolved in the past eg you could say "well it appears that people are digging into the past to get a taste of the 'old school' style of rock and roll so perhaps, based on this trend, the future of rock n roll looks like there will be a strong revival of past hits etc etc etc.

you get me? they wouldnt mean future from when "it all started" eg rocknroll started c.1950s cuz we know where it has ended up!! the BOS have made it a challenge for us, but its kinda fun and theres no right or wrong answer so long as whatever u say you can back it up with relevant evidence and trends etc ie u cant just say "yeah rock n rollls gunna die out next year" - the markers will be like "ummm, why!?" :p

good luck tomorrow :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
when you talk about future directions you make judgements based on what's happened in the past. so you could mention facts from the past and how these would extend into the future.
you'd be looking at the future based on what's happened in the past.

HSC
lol my class studied barbie for pop culture.....it sucks coz theres only like 4 guys in the class and im one of them....bloody predominant girl population (in classroom)

:(

barbies hard

i would of loved to do rock n roll coz i lvoe the music

em_516

bludging..
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
lol my class studied barbie for pop culture.....it sucks coz theres only like 4 guys in the class and im one of them....bloody predominant girl population (in classroom)

:(

barbies hard

i would of loved to do rock n roll coz i lvoe the music
lol..i thought you were a girl! haha..sorry..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)