Poor Area Of Study HSC exam result affect UAI? (1 Viewer)

temp_dl_hsc

Hey, I just did the Paper 1 exam and I stuffed up the Area of Study section. I ran out of time and wrote basically nothing, which i will expect with a little mark if any. How much will this weigh out of my whole english ? I know its worth 15 out of the 45 etc. But if im ranked 19 out of 40 adv. english kids and i dont have such a great assessment mark, where will that placed my english mark ?

If my english is poor will this greater effect my UAI ? I do IPT,SDD,SOR, Gen MATH and BS. I should go alright with these. I need an 85 UAI min for my course. Will i not get this now ?

I really dont expect a high mark for english. I was hoping to pull my mark up with my HSC exam, i guess not now :eek:(

hipnotize

You've still go modules on Wednesday.
I think the modules count more than the AOS ...am i correct?
Well just concerntrate on modules so it can make up for the different u've lost.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The extended response question constituted 15 of the 45 available marks. The entire paper constitutes 40% of your English examination mark. That mark is only 50% of your English HSC mark (and we'll assume that no-one else in your class made the same mistake, so your moderated assessment mark should be unaffected). Your HSC mark for English counts for 2/10 = 20% of your UAI.

15/45 * 0.4 * 0.5 * 0.2 = 0.0133

That particular question will account for at most 1.33% of your UAI.

:)

Go study for the other 98.67% of it!

smallcattle

HSC
Lazarus said:
The extended response question constituted 15 of the 45 available marks. The entire paper constitutes 40% of your English examination mark. That mark is only 50% of your English HSC mark (and we'll assume that no-one else in your class made the same mistake, so your moderated assessment mark should be unaffected). Your HSC mark for English counts for 2/10 = 20% of your UAI.

15/45 * 0.4 * 0.5 * 0.2 = 0.0133

That particular question will account for at most 1.33% of your UAI.

:)

Go study for the other 98.67% of it!
how does that work?? when I tried it in SAM, 20 mark difference in english will get me 9 mark UAI differnece

eg.. all my subjects are 80 with english 60 will get me 78, whereas everything in 80 will get me 87... thats a heck load of UAI just for english...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Varying your total English HSC mark is very different to varying the mark for an individual question.

SAM only accepts aligned marks anyway - the analysis was conducted with regard to raw marks. :)

(See <a href="/other/flowchart.pdf">this flowchart</a> for details.)

nookie_nick

ProcrastinatoR
HSC
dude u think YOU f'd up? check this out, my school mark for advanced english is around 75%, in the AOS paper i skipped 7 marks in section 1, i wrote 4 pages in section 2 and only wrote a quarter essay LITERALLY in section 3. i think its due to bad time management and i over studied (yea there is such a thing) but in any case its safe to say i failed paper 1. i need over 70 in alligned mark to get my uai, around 90 so im VERY screwed

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I find it interesting that we have the biggest english paper tomorrow and people are already giving up because of their first when they don't even know the result :)
There will be breakdowns!!!

Saieshan

HSC
well aos is worth 45/105 theres no weighting they just take that mark out of 105 as a percentage and then moderate it according to school the modules are worth 10 more marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)