Polylactic Acid (PLA) Bioploymer (1 Viewer)

Miss-K-Lee-2007

HSC
If anyone has any information on Polylactic Acid please let me know!

eg.

• enzyme or organism used to synthesise PLA
  • outline the process involved in the production of PLA
  • evaluate the use or potential use of PLA related to its propeties.
THANX!!!!

idling fire

HSC
*cough* sounds like doing an assignment *cough*

The info on wikipedia's decent. Pretty much everything you need is right there.
Extra Google-ing won't be harmful either... ;P

Sorry, but it's really easy to find. Should honestly only take about 10 minutes to get this info.

I can give you some stuff if you still need it, but it would defeat the purpose of a research task somewhat.

Miss-K-Lee-2007

HSC
idling fire said:
*cough* sounds like doing an assignment *cough*

The info on wikipedia's decent. Pretty much everything you need is right there.
Extra Google-ing won't be harmful either... ;P

Sorry, but it's really easy to find. Should honestly only take about 10 minutes to get this info.

I can give you some stuff if you still need it, but it would defeat the purpose of a research task somewhat.
FYI I have looked on wikipedia, google, Excel HSC Chemistry etc. and I have got quite a lot of information I just thought That if people put what they knew on here as well I would have an even wider range of information that I could use.

So yeah dont worry its not as if I am asking someone to do the assesment for me! LOL

idling fire

HSC
Miss-K-Lee-2007 said:
FYI I have looked on wikipedia, google, Excel HSC Chemistry etc. and I have got quite a lot of information I just thought That if people put what they knew on here as well I would have an even wider range of information that I could use.

So yeah dont worry its not as if I am asking someone to do the assesment for me! LOL
Okay, my apologies. I have no information further than basic sources.

kylieschuller

HSC
Hey I'm doing some research on that too...care to tell where you got all your info. im a bit confused on the way they actually make PLA...

laya

HSC
pla uses a sannous octate enzym/catalyst and is produced through ring-opening polymerisation. prpoperties- biodgeradble-use- packaging/disposable tableware. properties-thermoplastice(heat resistant)-use-kitchenware. potential use- medical application such as upholstery/disposable garments. the development has been focused on improving its properties (since it is made by nateral sources it properties are limited) of its products and to achieve large scale production so as to lower cost and broaden availability. positives for; society-sustainability; environment- biodegradable.negatives-expensive, properties limited(as said before), and lack in cracking plant(remembr catalytic cracking>breaking carbon bonds??well waddya know everything is related when it comes to #$%ing carbon......-there you go miss-k-lee, ur 6 mark answer..your very welcome

obelisk

HSC
im doin something like that too i have to answer Q's like that in a speech this is very hard

Miss-K-Lee-2007

HSC
laya said:
pla uses a sannous octate enzym/catalyst and is produced through ring-opening polymerisation. prpoperties- biodgeradble-use- packaging/disposable tableware. properties-thermoplastice(heat resistant)-use-kitchenware. potential use- medical application such as upholstery/disposable garments. the development has been focused on improving its properties (since it is made by nateral sources it properties are limited) of its products and to achieve large scale production so as to lower cost and broaden availability. positives for; society-sustainability; environment- biodegradable.negatives-expensive, properties limited(as said before), and lack in cracking plant(remembr catalytic cracking>breaking carbon bonds??well waddya know everything is related when it comes to #$%ing carbon......-there you go miss-k-lee, ur 6 mark answer..your very welcome
Thanx!

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I think that's supposed to say
Stannous octanoate

Z787b

HSC
if you have a dot point book do Biopol . The book has all the info you need.in the answers PLA is harder to memorise. Biopol is a PHA i did it for my 1/2 yearly exams. 97/100 ANYWAY BIOPOL is the way to go enven though it wasnt metioned in this years HSC

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Z787b said:
if you have a dot point book do Biopol . The book has all the info you need.in the answers PLA is harder to memorise. Biopol is a PHA i did it for my 1/2 yearly exams. 97/100 ANYWAY BIOPOL is the way to go enven though it wasnt metioned in this years HSC
Ahh yea I can't believe I chose PLA. I took a look at my dotpoint book (which I just bought) and realised I should've done Biopol but it's too late =p assessment due tomorrow with in-class questions! AHHH I'm pretty sure there will be some questions on reliability/validity of resources+references >_<
Anyone have any tips? Anything I should keep in mind regarding reliability of resources and whatnot

imoO

HSC
I began doing PLA as well, but I found it such a hassle, so I changed!

Go find another one, there are many that are much easier to remember!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)