polylactic acid .. help desperately needed ! (1 Viewer)

miss_pinkii

HSC
does anybody know any good sites that tell u like the steps involved in the production of polylactic acid? including the bacteria and enzymes used ..?

thaanx

miss_pinkii

HSC
i rilli need to know the enzymes and organisms, i.e. bacteria, involved though .. !

its from syllabus dot point 2:

use available evidence to gather and present data from secondary sources and analyse progress in the development and use of a named biopolymer. This analysis should name the specific enzyme(s) used or organism used to synthesise the material and an evaluation of the use or potential use of the polymer produced related to its properties

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
miss_pinkii said:
i rilli need to know the enzymes and organisms, i.e. bacteria, involved though .. !

its from syllabus dot point 2:

use available evidence to gather and present data from secondary sources and analyse progress in the development and use of a named biopolymer. This analysis should name the specific enzyme(s) used or organism used to synthesise the material and an evaluation of the use or potential use of the polymer produced related to its properties
hey,,
from the research I've gathered ...
the method of production for PLA is fermentation process of starch.
the bacteria used for this is the lactobacillus. I'm not quite sure which species it's in though, because the bacteria used "depends on the feedstock"...
after the bacteria ferments, two types of lactic acid is formed (which I really don't think you need to know), and then there is the open-ringed polymerization process which takes place which polymerizes the lactic acid monomers into PLA.

sorry, I would post up my resources, but most of them are a load of rubbish where only one sentence is useful.... so I think it would be a waste of time quoting out urls.

hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)