Political journalist? (1 Viewer)

girlfromspace

HSC
even though my HSC won't come till 2010, i already know what i want to do; law. so let's face it, it's hard to get into law without getting 90+ ATAR. i know that there are other choices like paying or doing it after some other degree - but i'm not really big on those decisions. so, what i decided to do was to enter into political (possibly crime) journalism so that if someone dropped out of law, i could get in by switching my course. but on the other hand, if i don't get in, then that's alright as well.

my questions are:
what ATAR should i am for?
how much do you think the salary p.a. would be?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
girlfromspace said:
even though my HSC won't come till 2010, i already know what i want to do; law. so let's face it, it's hard to get into law without getting 90+ ATAR. i know that there are other choices like paying or doing it after some other degree - but i'm not really big on those decisions. so, what i decided to do was to enter into political (possibly crime) journalism so that if someone dropped out of law, i could get in by switching my course. but on the other hand, if i don't get in, then that's alright as well.
I'm not sure whether this paragraph contains a question.
girlfromspace said:
my questions are:
what ATAR should i am for?
how much do you think the salary p.a. would be?
1. as high as you possibly can. what else?

2. you're asking me to forecast legal salaries for 2016 (since you complete the HSC in 2010 and an undergraduate combined law degree takes 5 years). i'm not sure whether i can do that. average starting salaries of all law graduates (including big, medium and little firms) are probably around the $45,000-50,000 mark, in present dollar terms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)