Political Economy (1 Viewer)

squallja

hey

i heard that the government wants to cancel the Political Economy major as part of their uni reform

from wat i heard, this is because although there are a significant amount of ppl doin political economy, most of em are HECs students

so political economy doesnt get as much funding as other subjects which have same amount of students....

is dis true?

timmii

sporadic attendee
I haven't heard that...It's really popular (most of my friends do it). Are you sure you're not confusing it with economic history which just got shunted to the arts department? Where did u get your info from? Check www.econ.usyd.edu.au if in doubt and email the relevant person if you're really perplexed?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
that better not be true.. otherwise im declaring a state of anarchy.

Government doesnt want people getting too smart about what theyre doing, thats the real reason they dont want people doing this major. Melbournian if you find nething out plz post it cos this is some serious news if they get rid of political economy.

fab*fi

Wow, how scary... I hope not I just submitted my UAC preferences!!! Does anybody do political economy that can tell me what it is like? Its sounds pretty good but then anything can sound good when its all hyped up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)