Police Stabbed by islamic terrorist (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
How would you feel if China starts putting troops in Australia in the name of "stability" and had drone strikes in your neighborhoods? I highly doubt you'd be like them very much.
That's true but again, that's not entirely the point. The point is overwhelming majority of civillian deaths in iraw since american occupation have not come as a result of deliberate american aggression against them

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
That's true but again, that's not entirely the point. The point is overwhelming majority of civillian deaths in iraw since american occupation have not come as a result of deliberate american aggression against them
Collateral damage is still a bitch to deal with. Also when you disband the entire iraqi army and create a vacuum of power, it doesn't really help when there's no stability in the country. The first 6 months the US had a chance to actually fix things but they dropped the ball on it.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
How would you feel if China starts putting troops in Australia in the name of "stability" and had drone strikes in your neighborhoods? I highly doubt you'd be like them very much.

Drone strikes and air strikes are great tactically, but they're strategically flawed because it doesn't achieve the goals of winning hearts and minds. If you want a real counterinsurgency campaign to work you NEED to work with the locals and blend in with the populous. You should definitely read the Accidental Guerilla to understand that 9/10 people that were fighting are unnecessary because we do dumb shit that piss off the locals that don't want to be involved in conflict.
Working with the locals can backfire.... those kind of people are sneaky as fuck....

hundredpercent

HSC
Working with the locals can backfire.... those kind of people are sneaky as fuck....
Okay this is plain stupidity. There's millions of normal people living their own lives before someone barged in. If working with locals can backfire then what is the US doing there apart from causing disrupt to so many as collateral in the name of stability and pretty much creating the terrorists that they claim to be fighting against?

Once again, hypothetically, what if some country like China just put their troops in Australia quoting "stabilisation", refused to work with the people because they're "sneaky" and killed so many innocents? Wouldn't people stand up against it? These "terrorists" aren't coming out of nowhere.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
There has been a lot of incidences of Afghani soldiers shooting the backs of ISAF troops, including our own. But the whole end goal of counter insurgency is to get local soldiers to work for a national military. Problem is afghanistan is very tribal/sect based and its hard to determine loyalties.

I never said it would be easy, but its the only way to conduct a foreign counter-insurgency campaign that will actually work. Took YEARS AND YEARS in malaysia to stabilize things. You really don't have a choice unless you can produce quality local soldiers and get the loyalties of the tribes/elders in the area. A lot of problem is deployment rotations and chieftans have to deal with new people every 6 months when relationships need to built on a long term basis. I'm talking our troops completely immersing themselves with the local communities, dressing like them, eating with them and living with them. That type of bond is the only thing that will work in a long term counter insurgency op.

fatima96

HSC
Wow.
This is terrible news and it disgusts me and leaves me feeling mortified that individuals with absolutely no sense of right and wrong can commit such atrocities and call themselves muslim, let alone human.
I honestly do not blame anyone who has misconceptions about Islam because of the stupid idiots that call themselves muslims and go around doing things like this. The only place they're destined for is hell.
With that being said, I am a muslim and for a fact, Islam IS a religion of peace. People like this shouldn't be called "islamic" let alone human, nor should they be the benchmark for what your average muslim is.

fatima96

HSC
Wow.
This is terrible news and it disgusts me and leaves me feeling mortified that individuals with absolutely no sense of right and wrong can commit such atrocities and call themselves muslim, let alone human.
I honestly do not blame anyone who has misconceptions about Islam because of the stupid idiots that call themselves muslims and go around doing things like this. The only place they're destined for is hell.
With that being said, I am a muslim and for a fact, Islam IS a religion of peace. People like this shouldn't be called "islamic" let alone human, nor should they be the benchmark for what your average muslim is.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
just imagine how crazy muslims would act if islam weren't a religion of peace....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)