• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

police buggging public phones (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

its officicial we have no fucking freedom in this country.

the police bug public telephones.

What a huge invasion of privacy of decent law abiding citizens.

Dont you think thats unreasonable?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
its officicial we have no fucking freedom in this country.

the police bug public telephones.

What a huge invasion of privacy of decent law abiding citizens.

Dont you think thats unreasonable?
source please? :rolleyes:

Rorix

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
If you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about? ;)

............:(

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I wouldn't like the police or anyone listening to my conversations but people eaves drop on other ppl's conversations all the time.
It's like a fact of life that privacy will be invaded by others, so bugging a phone box is nothing new.

Just like doctors who give you check ups in private parts of your body, doctors are professional about it and don't laugh because you thingy is too big or small. Same with police, I'm sure they act professionally and don't take notice of private conversations but take notice on the drug deals.

tempco

HSC
i went to a civil rights lecture (sponsored the lidcombe community centre - not be some radicalist islamist terrorist group), and they stated something along the lines of "nsw having more bugged phones than the whole of the US". i say lol, but i think it's safe to say that phone bugging does happen.

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
they record it probably to stop crimes and shit from happening, and i dont give a shit if they listen to me talk if it means making this country just a little bit safer. im not gonna plot some terrorist attack over the phone so i dont have anything to worry about.

as if the cops really care what u have to say to ur friends over the phone anyway. assuming ur not talking about raping someone.

Generator

HSC
N/A
At times it is kind of worrying to see so many people happy to forego any sense of privacy for the sake of 'safety'. I'm not suggesting that such measures are necessarily bad/wrong, but that is not to say that you should just be a happy chappy and smile no matter what takes place because it's keeping you 'safe'.

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
there should be limits to invasion of privacy of course. i would disagree if they started putting cameras in everyones houses and toilets etc.

but on the matter of bugging phones, if it helps the police fight crime, then what do i care? i only use the phone to talk to people about 100% insignificant shit anyway just like the rest of you, so i dont care if the cops listen in, which is probably a computer scanning for certain words anyway.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Cooleroo said:
i would disagree if they started putting cameras in everyones houses and toilets etc.
If they what now?

I'm not sure how useful it would be to have first-hand information on people's bowel movements

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
maybe public toilets to see who's rolling a joint or sniffing crack of a hookers ass? then they send in cops to smash the prick, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)