Plzzz Anyone Doing Business Studiesss!!???? (1 Viewer)

BabyK

HSC
Our hsc exam is THIS thursday, and my notes are a bit iffy...im just wondering anyone who got high in business studies, could you please reccommed to me what i should concentrate on for the exam...i mean any ideas on whatll probably get asked for each topic...and also if anyones been listening to the news about the current global financial crisis...would you consider using that alone as a case study in the very last question with the two options, if the focus is on financial or global? please anyone with anything that could help me with this subject...tips on how to study for it...etc...please please :cold: any help is greatly appreciated.

Conspiracy?

Banned
HSC
N/A
Do a shitload of past exam papers? Work out the trend to which questions they are more likely to asks in particular years. You can only prepare yourself (from what you've outlined in your post) by completing past papers.

Good luck.

edit: this should be in the Business Studies forum.

Last edited:

Roga

HSC
Remeber the syllabus back to front.

armanii

HSC
Can somebody plz help me??

does any1 know how to get the answers for the 2007 business hsc paper??

thanx...

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
What I Did; Obviously syll dot point notes...

then from each topic, I write down a summary (1-2 pages max) off the potential essay Q's...most will agree, theres only about 5 possible per topic.

and I memorise anagrams or pnunomics..or whatever.

Roga

HSC
risole91 said:

then from each topic, I write down a summary (1-2 pages max) off the potential essay Q's...most will agree, theres only about 5 possible per topic.

I got an acronym:

Reasons for global expansion:

Tax minimisation
Iincreasing sales and finding new markets
Minimising competitve risk
Economies of scale
Cushioning economic cycle
Acquire resources and have access to technology
Regulatory differences
Diversification

decoil

HSC
Roga said:
I got an acronym:

Tax minimisation
Economies of scale
Regulatory differences
Diversification
I love it :uhhuh:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
This is highly inappropriate, but works for me.

Major participants in financial mrkts;
SMCBGF
Suck my c*&% Brad's girl friend

Supperannuation/mutual funds
Merchant banls
Companies
Banks
Government
Financial and insurance companies

Sonata

HSC
well u can use the global financial crisis and add it into ur business case study, on how its affecting performance etc etc

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Roga said:
I got an acronym:

Tax minimisation
Economies of scale
Regulatory differences
Diversification
Genius!:)

sasa-o8

HSC
risole91 said:
This is highly inappropriate, but works for me.

Major participants in financial mrkts;
SMCBGF
Suck my c*&% Brad's girl friend

Supperannuation/mutual funds
Merchant banls
Companies
Banks
Government
Financial and insurance companies
It may be inappropriate, but hey, it worked for me! ;)
Thanks

And the TIMECARD one is just genius!

Methods of international expansion:
- export
- FDI
- relocation of production
- Management contract
- Licencing/franchises

LMFER = lazy mother f**kER

Kind of an inside joke between my friend and I..but hope it helps someone out there

BabyK

HSC
risole91 said:

dts aktualli a mad idea, cos ur more likely to memorise the material if u wryt it as a business report...and its true they can't ask u aniifink dats nt in the syllabus points.... what are u guys using as case studies for the last question? our teacher gave us woolworths :angry: but i dnt lyk it :( ....btw has anyone had a look at the resources on this site for business studies, theres a dark phoenix that has put notes for each topic...has anyone used them, cos they luk pretty good...

Last edited:

Animals

Banned
HSC
Lol. I haven't even started studying for business yet. Do you guys think I should start?

BabyK

HSC
lol well considering the exam is in lykkk 4 days probably u shud...but its a lot of shit 2 learn... :(

wLym

HSC
Id just go through the syllabus notes and write condensed notes taht cover all the points as well your weak points. I hand wrote only about 12 pages for the whole syllabus (double sided) and just memorised that.

Most importantly - Simplify things. I wouldnt bother memorising things in detail, because if u can recall what it is, then the chances are you will know what it is (business isnt that hard to understand).

Smeegen999

HSC
There's no real way you can tell what's going to be asked, besides looking through past papers and eliminating what's already been asked (although things have been repeated from time to time).

I would recommend focusing on learning all 5 syallbuses really well, (I mean being able to right them out without looking) including content and linking them with case studies. I used this method in the trials and got 98/100 (raw) without even looking at a past paper.

BabyK

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
There's no real way you can tell what's going to be asked, besides looking through past papers and eliminating what's already been asked (although things have been repeated from time to time).

I would recommend focusing on learning all 5 syallbuses really well, (I mean being able to right them out without looking) including content and linking them with case studies. I used this method in the trials and got 98/100 (raw) without even looking at a past paper.
wowww dats aktualli pretty mad :rolleyes: cos i doubt im gonna have time to go over too many past papers but wow 98/100 dats beautiful... yeh i guess if you know the syllabus and the expected structure of the exam den ur set... i was finking ov asking my teacher to go through some business reports wiv me but i doubt that'll do me a lot of good since well lets jus say der were 4 people in my class who passed business studies loll (i wasnt one ov dem :uhoh: ) so yeah thanks dats aktualli pretty gud...but looking over some of the questions in the past srsly i cannot figure out what theyre asking :eek: ...but ill look into it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)