Plz Help! Your Input Determines My Uai (1 Viewer)

Robbie_1988

HSC
G'day folks I'm really in a rut and I need your help and this is urgent and related to Trials.

I am a repeat student (please don't ask why; it's a lot of personal/family related reasons). No offense intended. Last year I got an HSC advanced english mark of 74 although my rank in school was 53/59. This year I'm currently ranked 22 and i'm doing reasonably well says my teacher. But at the moment my marks are sitting around 70-75% and she says I can get better than last year's 74 and she feels my ranking will still go up. Trials are on Monday.

My ranking/marks this year are:
BIOLOGY - 1st and about 90%
PDHPE - 1st and about 95%
LEGAL STUDIES - 3rd and about 87-90%
GENERAL MATHS - dont know my rank but i'm getting 85-90%
ADV. ENGLISH - 22nd and about 70-75%

I've been busting my backside off to get the marks and rankings in BIOLOGY, PDHPE, LEGAL AND MATHS. With english even though i've spent heaps of time on it, it doesn't yield much reward like how my other subjects are. For me there's a lot that can go wrong in the english trial exams: I can be totally thrown off by the form asked to write in and on top of that my handwriting speed is just too slow for me to answer the same band 6 responses that I hand up to my teacher for study. To make matters worse i am denied handicap/extra time.

So do I take:
Option A (to drop this year's english, and devote all my energy in to the best 4 subjects)
74 for ADV. ENGLISH
90+ for LEGAL
90+ for BIOLOGY
90+ for PDHPE
85 - 90 for GENERAL MATHS

Option B (take a gamble with english and risk losing my first places and settling with 80s in my best 4 subjects?)
80 for ADV. ENGLISH
80s for LEGAL
80s for BIOLOGY
80s for PDHPE
80s for GENERAL MATHS

So the question is: TO DROP OR NOT TO DROP THIS YEAR'S ADV. ENGLISH?

It's really a tough decision for me to make cause the competition is intense in my school and any weakness means i'll lose my first places. Furthermore, I don't want to do worse than last year's 74 HSC mark for Advanced English. I just don't believe I have it within myself to be able to churn out my knowledge in time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me make this decision. I have to make my mind up my Monday morning before the English Exam.

Last edited:

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
What do you want ? IF you can get your desired result with "80s" then would you really want to repeat english again for the sake of first places that you might not lose anyway

Number7

HSC
Plug your expected marks for each path that you choose into SAM and see what you get. Best advice I can give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)