PLZ help me!! (1 Viewer)

take d RED pill

HSC
Does anyone know the differences between capsules, tablets, enteric coated tablets and slow release tablets? Plus how they are absorbed in the body, and their effect? Its for an assignment thats due tomorrow. (I swear we never did this in class)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
did u have a look on the resources page.......to see if anyone had done any notes on this........i didnt evn do senior science.....so i dont know why im here......see who the mods are for senior science and PM them......

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
take d RED pill said:
Does anyone know the differences between capsules, tablets, enteric coated tablets and slow release tablets? Plus how they are absorbed in the body, and their effect? Its for an assignment thats due tomorrow. (I swear we never did this in class)
*capsules have a hard/soft shell which encases the medication
*tablets are more common and have a coating around them
*enteric coated tablets/capsules are designed to be dissolved in alkaline conditions (the small intestine pH 2-3) and travel through acidic conditions without being effected
*slow release tablets are not as common as slow release capsules, which contain pellets inside them. these pellets are short life pellets, medium life pellets, and long life pellets, meaning they become active at different times prolonging their effect.

these are all designed to suit certain pH levels (eg: enteric coated are designed to become active in alkaline conditions, tablets usually in acidic conditions 8-9-stomach)

they are absorbed into the lyphatic system or bloodstream (depending on which one/function) and becomes effective that way (the effect it has depends on the medication) ...

hope that helps ... this part of the topic can be gathered by second hand sources, thats prob y u havent done it in class

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Well tablets are fastest absorbed in the stomach, enteric coated are disolved in intestines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)