plz help me.... (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
This has been going on for nearly 3 years now...adn i am really annoyed and pissed....to about the point of killing myself....

will anyone plz be able to help me...

By the way this prob has been posted b4 by ME!!

Well the problem once again is that i always get d/c after 15-20 mins....despite the fact that i now hab 3 different ISP, which include....Iprimus, TPG and OPTUS....

The problem at first i thought it was the ISP, but i thought wrong becuase it was nothing to do with them at all...

Secondly I thought it was the computer...so brang it to a computer shop...to let them fix and they said nothing was wrong wif it.....

Thirdly....i think it's the stoopid phone line....probabaly stuffed or something....

becasue this is what happened...b4 i got my new comp....i had another comp with Win ME on it and the net then with the Optus fone line was working perfectly...and did not once d/c...by the way that was wif Iprimus.....

One thing i did that was prob one of the most stupidest thing was that i installed Win XP on the old comp which was a P3...and i fink i tried the internet and it didn't work....maybe the phone lines stuffed up then....

But when I finally got a new comp...a P4 with the same hard drive and floppy....things started to get worse, and everytime i connected it was fine....but after 15 mins i would get d/c....and would hab to reconnect.....

Can anyone figure out the problem i am having....or does no one actually know....because i am sure i don't know what the hell is going on....

Do u think it's the fone line or something else?????

deviant

r u using a long extension line?
cause when i did that before, the exact same thing kept happening 2 me

Truly_bored

HSC
I am using a long extension line....but i don't think that is the problem....becuase b4 i got the new comp...the extension was fine....using it wif my old comp....

Winston

HSC
ok

few things you might wanna do

purchase a new modem, they only cost $ 20

Format your PC

Make sure Call waiting is turned off.

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
that happened to me b4 i got adsl, yes i know how annoying it is, the data transfer just kinda freezes and it just dc after a few seconds, i think it has something to do with updating the DNS or wotever, not sure im not very technical, but it definitely has something to do with keeping the data streaming, bcuz it seems to occur if u just leave the connection idle, and no it has nothing to do with idle dc options

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
it could b bcoz of ya fone line such as having call waiting on- or it could b bcoz of the fone line having lots of interferences in it- if u know what i mean....i think u shuld fone up ya isp- and maybe they might b able to give u some help, and also u might wanna get someone from telstra to have a look at ya fone line. :s

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
it could b bcoz of ya fone line such as having call waiting on- or it could b bcoz of the fone line having lots of interferences in it- if u know what i mean....i think u shuld fone up ya isp- and maybe they might b able to give u some help, and also u might wanna get someone from telstra to have a look at ya fone line. :s
didnt you read? he/she has changed numerous ISP's, it didn't happen on the older PC, so whatever you said wasnt needed, and ive mentioned call waiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)