PLS tell me first year COMMERCE STUDY HOURS to get min DISTINCTION AVERAGE (1 Viewer)

sarah jones

HSC
HI guys
I am doing first year commerce this year and have to maintain a min of distinction average.
Since there are 12 contact hours at uni,
please could you tell me approx how many hours a week I will need to study to get the required distinction marks in the 4 core subjects at UNSW?
I need to plan my schedule so your advice + tips from experience would really be appreciated

(also roughly how many hours of paid work do you think is suitable and realistic to take on without being overloaded and having no social life)

thank you so much :)

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You study until you understand it. I did that and I got a distinction average for my Commerce subjects, before I realised I should do subjects that are more interesting than watching grass grow.

michaeljennings

HSC
Lmao, was the subject really easy or did you just perform a lot better than your cohort?
nah its just that with comm courses generally you can cram for the finals a few days before the exam.

For Acct1501/acct1511 id just copy a friends tutorial homework every week which took literally 10 minutes

for micro and macro the tutor would go through all the tutorial questions in class so there was almost no point doing homework since we pretty much redid them in class so i didnt wanna double up

for mgmt1001 that was such a bs subject no point even studying for the final lol, for actl1001 i didnt keep up with tute homework every week just because it was too hard for me at the time LOL just crammed for this final a few days before the exam

So really my 1-2 hours per week were dedicated to math1151 and math1251 which I found really challenging because of lot of the concepts were hard to get my head around etc. but in the end it paid off in terms of a "time spent studying" to "marks" ratio because my mark for math1151 was exactly the same as my semester 1 wam and my mark for math1251 was 0.25 lower than my semester 2 wam

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah if you're super smart 1-2 hrs but probably 4 hrs for those of average intelligence like me

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
holy crap, it sounds very easy compared to other subjects, why don't they offer more courses per semester to compensate for low difficulty?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
You study until you understand it. I did that and I got a distinction average for my Commerce subjects, before I realised I should do subjects that are more interesting than watching grass grow.
^ best way to put it.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
holy crap, it sounds very easy compared to other subjects, why don't they offer more courses per semester to compensate for low difficulty?
Because its subjective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)