pls help (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
i was like should I post, should I not post cause i think the bos is full of same things but it really hit me hard.

Long story short, im just going to say about english adv cause that hit me the hardest. I worked so so hard, for this mutimodal task.
NO JOKE.
I spent hours and hours, i neglected maths studying into perfecting this task. I thought it went so well, funfact, i memorised the whole speech. Even I go back in time, i don't think i can work that hardest. For speeches or english in general im always sitting in the cutline of b going to an a. So like 20/25, 25/30 etc.. anyways, I really wanted to sit in the a range. i got bad. 15/20 and the average for the grade was 15.8 . I looked and I was speechless. I couldn't say any words. I tried my hardest and there are many people who got 20/20 so clearly says my ranking are not at the top . I didn't perform that great in other subjects as well.

Now, Im scared. Im scared about everything.. Im scared about if I cant get into university. Im scared that even I try my hardest, i won't get anywhere. IM also sad. Im sad about that my freinds who so seemigly suppose to be the same level as me are getting good?! One of my friend who always seemigly get similiar marks with me in year 11, came first in grade for all her electives for term 4 tasks. Im now worried if I'll get a mystery mark or a mark that around 50 atar. PLEASE HELP, i need some sort of advice/ assertion. idk what to do espeically my subjects that aren't that great at scailing as well. Now i have no motivation now, cause whats the point of trying so hard again when in the end i will get another trashy mark that im not happy with. What ths point of trying so hard and getting my expectations up there. Somoene fix my mindset.

ssreganr

HSC
i was like should I post, should I not post cause i think the bos is full of same things but it really hit me hard.

Long story short, im just going to say about english adv cause that hit me the hardest. I worked so so hard, for this mutimodal task.
NO JOKE.
I spent hours and hours, i neglected maths studying into perfecting this task. I thought it went so well, funfact, i memorised the whole speech. Even I go back in time, i don't think i can work that hardest. For speeches or english in general im always sitting in the cutline of b going to an a. So like 20/25, 25/30 etc.. anyways, I really wanted to sit in the a range. i got bad. 15/20 and the average for the grade was 15.8 . I looked and I was speechless. I couldn't say any words. I tried my hardest and there are many people who got 20/20 so clearly says my ranking are not at the top . I didn't perform that great in other subjects as well.

Now, Im scared. Im scared about everything.. Im scared about if I cant get into university. Im scared that even I try my hardest, i won't get anywhere. IM also sad. Im sad about that my freinds who so seemigly suppose to be the same level as me are getting good?! One of my friend who always seemigly get similiar marks with me in year 11, came first in grade for all her electives for term 4 tasks. Im now worried if I'll get a mystery mark or a mark that around 50 atar. PLEASE HELP, i need some sort of advice/ assertion. idk what to do espeically my subjects that aren't that great at scailing as well. Now i have no motivation now, cause whats the point of trying so hard again when in the end i will get another trashy mark that im not happy with. What ths point of trying so hard and getting my expectations up there. Somoene fix my mindset.
i mean to start, review teachers feedback and try look around and see if u can get a hold of someone who got 20/20's presentation. maybe there is something there u missed. Also for mindset ik it must feel really shitty but we've all been there, just try to do your best coz if you don't you'll regret it later. this hit hard tho cant lie im trash at english too

HSC

NO JOKE.

one bad assessment isn't gonna affect your chances of going*** to university that's for sure, and you're not getting a mystery atar,don't draw conclusions like that

also "poor scaling subjects" and the whole yap about that is meaningless, if you pick the easiest "worst" scaling subjects in the hsc and do well in them then you can get 99, similarly if you pick the hardest best scalers and perform average then you won't do exceptionally well. when it comes to subjects think more about your interests and strengths rather than what scales good or bad

I think you should prioritise getting feedback on that assessment and understanding why you got 15/20, you can't correct something without knowing the context. also hsc is a competition but the competition isn't supposed to ruin your morale, don't worry about friends getting ahead, people are gonna jump ahead others are gonna recede a bit, hsc is never a static journey where your ranks never change so don't let one setback upset you to a self-sabotaging extent

Last edited:

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
It is truly unfortunate to see you at this stage young one, I must pass this haunting message, all your cells will undergo rapid diffusion from here on now and I hope you're studying HSC Biology since you will know that this is the end for your generation, meaning that in the whole multiverse, you will wither alone forgotten for eternity. I regret to inform you that you should contact your family to create another heir for the lineage, and personally I would dishonourably discharge after getting an appalling, measly, unheard of 15/20.

You were destined to be the world conquerer, the curer for cancer, a pioneer for universal exploration however unbeknownst to you, you failed to achieve this hurdle, pass this exam, overcome man's greatest threat. The gods seep, with women and children following, the men who have hidden behind a folly of bravado finally let out their primal reprieves - oh gods, it was all for nothing. A choir of melancholy ensues as the tears of those who have sown this path for your success - feel the greatest betrayal. Truly, man's world is the cruelest one, and as its narrator, I also feel a sense of despair for I awaited this day.

Alas, I can not be still though my life has become stagnant, the London Ben - its cogs shatter at midnight, and the world stands to a still, it is my duty to hand you the final scroll, a chance of redemption I hope, some may say a beacon of light or perhaps a seal of your fate.

I am sorry chosen one, as you are to the world. My dying requests for you are to make the most spectacular cheese burgers and invigorate the sprite with a spirit you have failed to kindle for man's new dawn, let us at least fall in grace, in the sweet sounds of McDs.

With Sincere Apologies
- McHumble Dinklebergs

Last edited:

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

NO JOKE.

In all seriousness, we all have days where we feel like we can't reach our goal, that we slipped up. You're not the only one that has gone through this experience, and you should find refuge in it. You can't change what you've gotten, what's happen has happened, you simply have to keep on moving regardless what you feel like has happened. You only fail when you stop trying, and with a defeatist attitude, you'll never be able to achieve anything.

Feel bad, feel horrible, feel depressed whatever, but you must find the time to be critical and see where you went wrong. Go speak to the marker, its very possible they were harsh and you can see if you can get any marks, but more importantly see what you did that made you fail. Perhaps you spent more time on memorising rather than perfecting your craft, what made your argument mediocre, what were the strengths etc. You have to be able to see what you did wrong so you don't do it again.

Your second paragraph warranted the above response, you've acted as if you got caught for smuggling drugs, you've only gotten a 15, its not over.

carrotsss

HSC
Im now worried if I'll get a mystery mark or a mark that around 50 atar.
on top of what everyone else said you won’t get an ATAR like that, trust me, assuming hsc-equivalent marking strictness a 15/20 in every section puts you at an 85 aligned mark which is an almost 90 ATAR equivalent, ur fine

Last edited:

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
on top of what everyone else said you won’t get an ATAR like that, trust me, assuming hsc-equivalent marking strictness a 15/20 in every section puts you at an 88 aligned mark which is an almost 90 ATAR equivalent, ur fine
lol 75 is not 88 aligned but i get what ur saying

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
if it helps
someone who got 17/20 in mutlimodal got 99.70 atar
a bunch of people who got 20/20 got like 93-96 atar
so its not the end of the world and the HSC isn't multimodal anyway, so you dont have to worry about it

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
on top of what everyone else said you won’t get an ATAR like that, trust me, assuming hsc-equivalent marking strictness a 15/20 in every section puts you at an 85 aligned mark which is an almost 90 ATAR equivalent, ur fine
FR I haven't done sor work since y11 and I still won't get a mystery mark idk where you people get that fear from who is spreading this misinformation 😭

svv12345

HSC
hi, last year i made an online resource platform where students can get free notes and past papers. I think it can really help (hsc-rescource.com)
you can search your prescribed text and find notes and essay not it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)