Pls give advice on how to sleep (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Basically ive been struggling to sleep whenever I have had my exams and I don't know why I started getting so much stress and anxiety. It all started with trials this year and it happened for the exam today. I basically cannot sleep the whole night no matter how much I try. I tried mediating and listening to music but I just can't sleep. Like iits just internal stress and I can't control it. Like even when i did my accel hsc last year i didn't feel this way and I could sleep. but this year i feel like its all going doing beacuse i can't even sleep so does anyone have any advice please, ive already tried the normal ones like not looking at a device, etc. It stems from anxiety and stress to do well. But it's not like i can just push it back- I wasn't even stressing last night at all but i still wasn't able to sleep bc i was actually internally stressing somehow and then that continued to the point where it was like 1-2 am and then it screwed me up even more bc i started stressing for real because i thought i was gonna do bad because i didnt sleep. and it did def affect my performance. just any advice guys pleasee?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Basically ive been struggling to sleep whenever I have had my exams and I don't know why I started getting so much stress and anxiety. It all started with trials this year and it happened for the exam today. I basically cannot sleep the whole night no matter how much I try. I tried mediating and listening to music but I just can't sleep. Like iits just internal stress and I can't control it. Like even when i did my accel hsc last year i didn't feel this way and I could sleep. but this year i feel like its all going doing beacuse i can't even sleep so does anyone have any advice please, ive already tried the normal ones like not looking at a device, etc. It stems from anxiety and stress to do well. But it's not like i can just push it back- I wasn't even stressing last night at all but i still wasn't able to sleep bc i was actually internally stressing somehow and then that continued to the point where it was like 1-2 am and then it screwed me up even more bc i started stressing for real because i thought i was gonna do bad because i didnt sleep. and it did def affect my performance. just any advice guys pleasee?
First of all, do you keep your phone in your room? If yes, try sleeping with it elsewhere
Before you go to bed, have a shower, and then go to sleep. When you're in the shower, just take your time thinking about your day and try not to stress (I know as someone with anxiety that's such a fucking stupid thing to say but whatever)

Another thing, when you are trying to fall asleep and you just can't - DONT FOCUS ON THAT - AGAIN HARD TO DO - but if you feel stressed about not sleeping you just won't fall asleep. I like to imagine scenarios and almost force myself to dream whilst trying to fall asleep, eventually it naturally happens....... Like, imagine yourself going for a walk and thinking about what you see and eventually your subconscious will take over and you'll proper fall asleep

liamkk112

HSC
i couldnt last night so i just took panadol 💀 i was like u i didnt have any stress until last couple of days and now i can barely sleep,but i feel a lot less stressed after today tbh.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
oh honestly listening to music and letting yourself go helps, also go for a walk, just try reduce stress before you start going to bed - try winding down earlier rather than going straight from study study study mode at your desk to jumping into bed and wondering why tf you can't fall asleep

liamkk112

HSC
also ik this isn't possible for paper 2 but waking up a bit early the day before an exam so u get more tired sometimes helps, then it gets easier to sleep coz ur tired af

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Have you tried doing some high intensity exercise like running around?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
If you're hugely desperate, I heard Chlorphenamine works, but apparently its rlly potent and may make you feel rlly drowsy in the morning

user18181818

HSC
i don't recommend taking medicine just cus it can have side effects but maybe try not go on devices 30 mins before u sleep (ik this is stereotypical but it works for me). also after u turn ur lights off and are in bed sit up for like 5 mins and just take deep breaths and drink some water.
hope you can sleep better tn man it sucks when you can't sleep

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
ok not sure how im gonna sit this exam with 2 nights of no sleep i just cant sleep idk why its just smth internal wrong with me
this is bad bc ur hands become shaky and u can't write fast in the examm
Just force yourself to put phone laptop and other electronics away and you will sleep 😭😭😭😭 I'm sorry this happened to you but try fix it in the next few days before mx2
Maybe it's just English stress

jossasmith05

HSC
Also another important thing to remember is that even sitting still when your trying to get to sleep lets your body rest, so if your having trouble sleeping, know that your still gonna feel better by trying to sleep than not trying at all

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Just force yourself to put phone laptop and other electronics away and you will sleep 😭😭😭😭 I'm sorry this happened to you but try fix it in the next few days before mx2
Maybe it's just English stress
I used my phone after I wasn’t able to sleep from 9-2 bruh
Five hours of trying is a lot
And I went for a long brisk walk at night then winded down but it didn’t work

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Try working out before you to bed. (Highly Rec a hiit workout online or smn)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)