• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please Some Advice (1 Viewer)

narrowpin

HSC
at this stage im seriously really really annoyed, confused and angry at myself for all the marks ive got in my HSC till this point. I literally feel like killing myself. Nevertheless can someone please advise me if i am on track to a UAI of 98 and if lucky 99.
My ranks:
Mathematics 3U = 48/120
Maths 4U = 45/59
(Maths 2U = 12/80 (they still make us sit the exam even though we do 4U))
English advanced = 46/150
Economics = 13/45
Chemistry = 15/71
Physics = 24/84

My school ranks about 6th-8th every year.

Can someone please advise me whether they think i should drop 4U maths, so my 2U mark will count along with another one of my 2U subjects.

i really appreciate any help from you guys.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
narrowpin said:
at this stage im seriously really really annoyed, confused and angry at myself for all the marks ive got in my HSC till this point. I literally feel like killing myself. Nevertheless can someone please advise me if i am on track to a UAI of 98 and if lucky 99.
My ranks:
Mathematics 3U = 48/120
Maths 4U = 45/59
Economics = 13/45
Chemistry = 15/71
Physics = 24/84

Can someone please advise me whether they think i should drop 4U maths, so my 2U mark will count along with another one of my 2U subjects.

wow thats pretty good.

btw the HSC isn't really worth getting really annoyed and angry to the point of killing yourself. just try your best and see what happens :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
wow thats pretty good.

btw the HSC isn't really worth getting really annoyed and angry to the point of killing yourself. just try your best and see what happens :)
If I have to speak from my heart, it doesn't look very good at the moment (especially in important and high scaling subjects like Mathematics Extension 1& 2 and English Advanced . I already considered the fact that your school is ranked 6-8 in the state. However, seeing your ranks & results, I can see that you are on your way to get around 90-95. Getting 98 seems quite difficult at the moment.

Seeing that your results in other subjects are quite great, you would be better off dropping Mathematics Extension 2 (unless you really have to do it because of the University Course recommends it).

narrowpin

HSC
thanks for the advice, im just freaking out..........and i dont know if i should be, but i really cant help it. other opinions would really help too if people could post them.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
narrowpin said:
thanks for the advice, im just freaking out..........and i dont know if i should be, but i really cant help it. other opinions would really help too if people could post them.
Don't freak out. The repercussion of that is quite overwhelming. I found it difficult to overcome that feeling during my holiday since I felt that I chose the subject that I shouldn't have chosen.

champo14

HSC
narrowpin said:
Well, if you want my opinion, there's nothing that freaking out is going to help you.

All you can do is be your best. At least you've realised that you're currently not quite on the right track to your goal, so you need to lift your game.

Right now you should focus on getting the UAI that you want, but make sure you have some other preferences on your UAC so you're not left out in the cold when you get offers. And just always keep in the back of your mind that there are ALWAYS other ways of getting into the course you want, but worry about that later.

Right now, worry about lifting your ranks.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
narrowpin said:
My ranks:
Mathematics 3U = 48/120
Maths 4U = 45/59
Economics = 13/45
Chemistry = 15/71
Physics = 24/84

Really, it looks is if you've picked the wrong subjects. If you drop a subject, proberly drop chemistry. Your 2U marks are pretty attrocious, 4U seems better for you.

EDIT: Sorry, i didn't realise those were ranks. 4U would seem bad for you considering your low rank, maybe you should drop that.

Last edited:

champo14

HSC
foram said:
Really, it looks is if you've picked the wrong subjects. If you drop a subject, proberly drop chemistry. Your 2U marks are pretty attrocious, 4U seems better for you.
What are you talking about...?

You realise those are ranks, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)