Please Post! Recommend tutors for me (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, i am currently in yr 11 and looking for tutors that can help me in English Advanced, Math Extension 1, Physics & Chemistry.
I would like tutors that are QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED

~Please post information and contact details of any tutoring centres or private tutors along with their contact details and rates

Look, i know that there are many Bosers that have recently finished their HSC and are offering tutoring as well, but i like i said, i want tutors that are QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED. I just want to feel safe that i have someone to depend on for help since i have crap teachers at school. Sorry to all the new tutors.

Thank you to people that are helping. Really appreciated.

kony

HSC
I should help you get over this delusion. New tutors are so much better than high school teachers and even markers.

The obvious advantages:

> they know exactly what is needed to get the marks, and what is the most efficient way of doing so, since most of them have state rankings.

> they recently have done the HSC, unlike teachers, and know what it is like to deal with the pressures of doing so many exams in the year. they can help you plan your time.

> they are cheaper.

> they have access to more resources (ones they were using themselves, that have been proven to work)

I myself hopped around many tutors, both recent HSC-ers and old timer HSC markers, and the differences in quality is astounding. Even if the cost were the same, I'd still go to a "new" tutor.

You might argue that "oh, but you don't have experience". Anyone who has taught for some time will tell you that experience only makes the teacher have a fixed mindset and routine, and all this creates is a sense of boredom and the attitude of "let me get this 2 hours over with so i can go home to the kids".

HSC
I should help you get over this delusion. New tutors are so much better than high school teachers and even markers.

The obvious advantages:

> they know exactly what is needed to get the marks, and what is the most efficient way of doing so, since most of them have state rankings.

> they recently have done the HSC, unlike teachers, and know what it is like to deal with the pressures of doing so many exams in the year. they can help you plan your time.

> they are cheaper.

> they have access to more resources (ones they were using themselves, that have been proven to work)

I myself hopped around many tutors, both recent HSC-ers and old timer HSC markers, and the differences in quality is astounding. Even if the cost were the same, I'd still go to a "new" tutor.

You might argue that "oh, but you don't have experience". Anyone who has taught for some time will tell you that experience only makes the teacher have a fixed mindset and routine, and all this creates is a sense of boredom and the attitude of "let me get this 2 hours over with so i can go home to the kids".
Yes, yes i get your point but not all new tutors can teach you see
I had a tutor that was a uni student and she wasnt really effective to me

But anyways, to others viewing this thread, just post all the tutors you recommend because i'm not doing quite well in finding a tutor at the moment

kooliskool

HSC
回复: Re: Please Post! Recommend tutors for me

Hi, I am willing to help you, but I am personally taking many students now, tutoring nearly everyday of the week, so the times are a bit scarce, and also, I need you to either go to Hurstville or State library or else I can't really spare time to help u.

I know how it feels to have crap teachers at school because one of my student told me that as well and came to me for help at the same stage as you are right now, which is at the start of year 11. She is coming all the way from wollongong to ask for help and find me meeting her needs, and have seen a drastic improvement in her marks, of coz that requires her own perseverance as well.

I don't know what your expectations are for tutors, but you can go over to my advertisement and have a look, I haven't bump it since I'm full right now, but I just saw your request so I changed my mind and wanted to help you.

The site is: http://community.boredofstudies.org...ea-state-library-3u-mark-98-4u-mark-96-a.html

Wish you good luck in your hsc, even if you don't want me to tutor you and find another tutor.

etre_yas2

HSC
Hi

I know you said u are not looking for new tutors but im willing to give you a 50 percent discount for the first session to see how you like it, you might change ur mind coz as someone sais there are lots of advantages.

I did my HSC in 2008 aswell but i ranked first in my school for Physics, English Adv and Mathematics ext 2, and received a UAI of 99. I also recieved an All Willis endowment scholarship from UNSW and will be studying mechatronics engineering at UNSW.

Please email me if ur interested and we will discuss it more: etre_yas2@yahoo.com

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You've certainly made a lot of threads on this lol. I might be able to tutor you for Mathematics Extension.

Details here:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...-98-tutor-available-mathematics-2-3-4u/3.html

In terms of experience, I've had at least two years worth and every year my teaching methods change based on feedback from previous students. In terms of "qualified", I also currently teach classes at a tutoring institution if that's what you mean...

The only catch is that you have to come to me in the Auburn/Lidcombe area, preferrably on weekdays. I only travel on weekends and those times have been taken up already. I'm not sure where in the south western suburbs you come from, but if you are willing to travel then that would be good. If not, then I suggest you look at all the threads in this forum closely. Not everyone in this forum is a freshly graduated student. There are some experienced tutors as well...

Send me an email if you're interested...

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Hi, i am currently in yr 11 and looking for tutors that can help me in English Advanced, Math Extension 1, Physics & Chemistry.
I would like tutors that are QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED

~Please post information and contact details of any tutoring centres or private tutors along with their contact details and rates

Look, i know that there are many Bosers that have recently finished their HSC and are offering tutoring as well, but i like i said, i want tutors that are QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED. I just want to feel safe that i have someone to depend on for help since i have crap teachers at school. Sorry to all the new tutors.

Thank you to people that are helping. Really appreciated.
I know a Chem tutor who in fact teaches at Sydney Boys' and I could give you a name or two for Advanced English, but this depends on the area in which you live in, it would work really well if you live in the Eastern Suburbs ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)