Please help with Uni Questions (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
Hey guys, please help me with these questions;

1. There is no option for Engineering/Advanced Science, only for Engineering/Science but I got the Atar required to get into such a course, so would I indicate on enrolment day that I wish to do Advanced Science?
2. If I do Engineering/Commerce or any double degree, does it work by doing all subjects for the main degree (Engineering) and cutting out the unnecessary parts for the secondary degree (Commerce) and how do I know which are the unnecessary parts?
3. When is enrolment day?
4. When and how do we indicate which subjects/electives we wish to attend for a semester?
5. When and how do we show what we wish to major in?
6. When and how do I indicate that I wish to defer my spot until 2014?

Thanks

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
1. Do you mean you wish to combine engineering with advanced science? You can study advanced units through the science degree.
2. By unnecessary parts I presume you mean electives? Sorry... I don't think you can 'cut out' on doing electives for any degree as you need to make up the total CP in order to graduate.
3. Enrollment day varies for which course and what letter your last name starts with. Somewhere between January and February.
4. Look up the UoS list for both degrees (and make sure that you are applicable to study them) online and make sure they fit into the B Engineering/B Science schedule/structure. You will indicate the UoS you wish to study on enrollment day and change them via MyAdmin. You will also get an information package from USyd for the degree you wish to study.
5. You do not need to pick your major/discipline in first year but be aware that second year (intermediate) UoS may require specific first year (junior) UoS as prerequisites/assumed knowledge. You must complete 48CP of the senior UoS of that particular major in order to graduate with that major... You will do so online through MyAdmin.
6. You will do so on enrollment day...

Good Luck and All the Best! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)