Please help - Stimulus-related question (1 Viewer)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Hey.

I'm doing Coleridge... and I'm just wondering, do we need to choose a piece of stimulus that related to the imaginative journey and connect it with Coleridge as well? For me, the texts in the stimulus booklet related more to inner and physical journeys, and I'm having trouble finding one of the imaginative.. Are there any?

I chose Road not taken, but it somewhat relates to the inner and physical aspect once again. COuld anybody suggest one for me?

Thanks

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Texts in the stimulus booklet are polysemic - that is, you can relate them to any of the kinds of journeys. 'Journeys over Land and Sea', for example, highlights how a physical journey can manifest into an imaginative one thanks to writers such as Ptolemy and Pliny, who depict ordinary events as extraordinary. Also notice the visual imagery, which includes mammoth sea beasts and primitive, pre-Renaissance ideas of astrology - both speculative.

I could go on, but that should give a decent base to go by. Just read into the texts a fair bit and you'll see the imaginative links.

kaylz

HSC
Use the excerpt from "The Town Where Time Stands Still". It gives you a "reading" of Coleridges poems by examining the motives for journeying.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i did coleridge as well... i used the Ivory Trail, and how the mysterious silhouette of the minarets at the top and the use of dark colours enhance mystery and the superimposed face with widened eye depict searching and creating a sense of fear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)