Please help me save my home (1 Viewer)

After reading this, did you send an objection to the Moolarben Mine?

• Total voters

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Please help put a stop to the expansion of Moolarben mine threatening to destroy my family home (along with hundreds of others).

PLEASE email an objection before 23rd OCTOBER.

Here are some sample letters, it will take 2 seconds,
you can just copy and paste and fill in your name: http://www.savethedrip.com/SAMPLE LETTERS.doc

EMAIL: moolarben_comment@planning.nsw.gov.au

It will be a MAJOR contributor to climate change with the production of 12MT coal per year - enough coal to produce 32 million tonnes of greenhouse pollution per year.

It will use 6.9 MILLION L/day of water simply to wash coal

416.6 ha remnant native forest will be cleared, including over 65ha of Ecologically Endangered Communities.

http://www.savethedrip.com/ for more information

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I did? sorry mattycoss.
Thankyou so much for helping guys

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Didn't email because petitions never do anything, otherwise we'd have downsized our army to one bloke sitting in a watchtower at Cape York like the SA want us to.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
If we get enough objections we will have a case to put a stop to the expansion!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Depends. If you're talking lots of objections in the general area, yes. But if you get objections from unsourced Sydney randoms who it really doesn't affect it's not going to have much of a bearing on their decision.

Meh, either way I hope you manage to keep your land or milk out a nice settlement.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
Depends. If you're talking lots of objections in the general area, yes. But if you get objections from unsourced Sydney randoms who it really doesn't affect it's not going to have much of a bearing on their decision.

Meh, either way I hope you manage to keep your land or milk out a nice settlement.
'sydney randoms' have just as much importance if they object, as it also affects them. climate change and further destruction of the environment will affect us all, and people can object simply on those grounds

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
You cant really protest on account of greenhouse gas, and businesses are alot more aware of water usage now, alot of places in Wollongong are starting to use grey water and recycled waste water instead. Besides its not like water gets used up, you can use it again and again.

If you are so peeved about coal being environmentally damaging, try and push for nuclear power.

The hectares of bush being chopped down gets to me, thats one thing that has always pissed me off. If the company environmentally aware maybe you can make them repair the site once they are done, or replant a new tree for every one they have to destroy... heaps of companies do that.

I am not going to send a letter because its environmentalists that have forced us to use coal instead of uranium anyway, but goodluck and i hope your family doesnt get wroughted out of their land

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
You cant really protest on account of greenhouse gas, and businesses are alot more aware of water usage now, alot of places in Wollongong are starting to use grey water and recycled waste water instead. Besides its not like water gets used up, you can use it again and again.
I've done alot of research and you can protest on those grounds. Approximately 12ML diesel will be used per year for mining, estimate of 382,620,000Kg CO2 gas produced.

The mine will destroy and pollute water sources, above and underground.
The Infrastructure is sited directly adjacent two major rivers, both will be subject to pollution.

Mining will breach and ultimately destroy the valuable and extensive groundwater and river system associated with the Goulburn River. Pumping from underground mine lowers ground water up to 20 kilometres away and with long lasting effects on the upper Triassic aquifers for over 45 years after mining. Riparian forest ecosystems are threatened by lowering of groundwater (Triassic aquifer) that provide essential base flow to the Goulburn River.

Serius said:
If you are so peeved about coal being environmentally damaging, try and push for nuclear power.
or I could push for them to stop expanding! I'm all for clean energy

Serius said:
The hectares of bush being chopped down gets to me, thats one thing that has always pissed me off. If the company environmentally aware maybe you can make them repair the site once they are done, or replant a new tree for every one they have to destroy... heaps of companies do that.
Unfortunately, the long term and cumulative impacts of these developments on the groundwater or river system is impossible to assess in the time frame allowed. The Environmental Report is inconsistent and inadequate e.g. Timeline for the rehabilitation of open cut area is unrealistic, overall plans sketchy, with no detail. Inadequate consultation and recognition of significant cultural landscape nor extensive damage to aboriginal heritage including cave shelters & rock art.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
cerpin taxt said:
today tonight in particular
Its an issue more suited for the ABC. Make a video for ABC's Stateline DIY dissent segment. Most of the people who matter probally watch Stateline.

"If you live in NSW, have a local issue and want to target a minister, please call or write to Murray Travis, Executive Producer of Stateline about your proposed DIY Video Dissent."

timrie6

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
therefore, 10 emails sent under various aliases.
nice! cheers :D

Rafy said:
Its an issue more suited for the ABC. Make a video for ABC's Stateline DIY dissent segment. Most of the people who matter probally watch Stateline.

"If you live in NSW, have a local issue and want to target a minister, please call or write to Murray Travis, Executive Producer of Stateline about your proposed DIY Video Dissent."
my mum organised to have a reporter come to do a segment covering it, it should be on the ABC soon, I'll update here when I find out when and where. I'm not 100% but think it will be on stateline. shes been very active, putting all her time into stopping the mine, she made the website, organised public meeting etc

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
sorry to hear it. i emailed. hope it works out for you.
thanks so much!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
12MT hey? That's quite impressive. You ought to be thankful, it may do wonders for the local economy.

As for your house, well, that's progress.
it will be destroying the ecotourism in the area, turning the area into an industrial wasteland

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Uh, there are 4 letters there, which one do i send?

And Im not sure about letter 2, i'd be lying, cus im not a frequent visitor to that place.

-P_D

timrie6

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
Uh, there are 4 letters there, which one do i send?

And Im not sure about letter 2, i'd be lying, cus im not a frequent visitor to that place.

-P_D
those are just sample letters, you can choose anyone you like, modify them to suit you, or even write your own - completely up to you!

gerhard

HSC
the way to get change to happen is to get alan jones on your side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)