Please help me mark my essay (1 Viewer)

raymondthebug

HSC
N/A
Mark Haddon’s murder mystery novel - “ The Curious Incident Of The Dog In the Night Time” , narrated by an autistic teenager, enables responders to contrast differences between the protagonist and responder. “CIDN” cleverly positions readers to view and understand the complexity on the nature of human perception, through the mind of an autistic teenager by manipulating structure and form through the use of language and diagrams to reflect the mindset of the unconventional narrator. Thus, Haddon allows readers to grasp differences in societal norms between society and the protagonist, enabling responders to sympathize with the narrator. Through the novel , Haddon awakens the conscience of society on the Aspergers , as well as challenging their perspectives on the idea of asperger's through the contrasts between an teenager suffering from aspergers and contemporary society as a whole

Within his novel,Haddon uses a variety of distorted textual features conjointly, skillfully conforming the novel to the experiences and life of someone suffering from Asperger's . Haddon;s characterisation and portrayal of Christopher’s Asperger’s syndrome leads to difficulties in human interactions, understanding emotions, and apprehending societal norms. Thus Haddon positions readers to sympathize with the narrator, in result of his obscure nature.

All through the novel, the Nonlinear storyline and digressions from the central plot in “ solving maths problems” to explaining different things such as “his favourite dream” replicates his perpetual change in his mind, adds to the responder’s understanding on the savant nature of Christopher and how the autistic narrator functions and differs from us . Similarly, Christopher’s “ Dream job As An Astronaut” , is symbolic for reflecting his ideals in being alone and observing the universe away from other people. Consequently, Haddon clearly allows readers to apprehend symptoms of his mental illness, hence displaying abstruse contrasts between someone suffering from aspergers and society

Christopher’s highly sophisticated use of vocabulary and the use of latin in “ El deci” highlights his intelligence despite his syndrome. Thus, the author challenges the reader’s ideals on people with disabilities despite their strange differences .Thus, Haddon allows responders to reinforce our values towards people suffering from Aspergers, as well as understanding the complex characterisation of the protagonist

Narration and structure in “ CIDN” has a significant influence on the way in which the reader responds to text. Within his novel, Haddon rescinds predetermined perceptions of the logic and order-based reliance of Asperger’s sufferers through the emotionless and complex mind of the protagonist, Christopher Boone. This allows readers to understand subtle nuances in the disconnected and conflicted world of an Autistic savant. Christopher's metaphorical recherché experiences of “ Black Days” and “ Super Good Days” , unveils aspects of the protagonists struggle between emotions and logic, thus highlighting the polarity between emotional and constant unconventional logical perceptions

Moreover,the conflict for order and logic is strongly emphasized by Haddon’s constant use of prime numbers, which underpins the complex structure of the text as a whole. Hence,Haddon enables the novel to conform to the world of a different narrator, reinforcing the protagonist’s inherent need for stability and logic. Likewise, repetition used in “ Grabbed hold of me and pulled me….He kept pulling and he pulled me” during his conflict with his father highlights the catastrophic ramifications of a disturbance in Christopher’s perfectly maintained order.

Thus, Haddon reshapes responders viewpoints by manipulation of text and structure, tying them to Christopher on a deep and emotional level through the contrasts of differences between the usual person and the logically-based mind of an autistic teenager

Throughout “CIDN”, responder’s perceptions is challenged through the distinct interactions, relationships and experiences of characters
The significant change of genre, from crime fiction to family drama expresses the difficulties in raising an autistic child through contention in the true meaning of truth. The subversion of genres highlights Christopher’s constant complexity through his relationships, thus conveying obscure digressions between Christopher and present-day society.

Haddon’s portrayal of Christopher’s relationship with his father underpins different layers of intricacy, thus highlights the different nature of difficult relationships. Thus, as a result of raising a highly -maintained child. The eclipses and repetition within “ I did it for your good...I never meant to lie. I just thought it was better you didn't know” presents the distinct nature of relationships Christopher finds challenging in comprehending and unveils the father’s hardships in creating order for his intellectually-challenged son. Consequently, responders begin to distinguish their own relationships to the relationships of the protagonist, thus transforming their perceptions on people suffering from autism.

Moreover, Christopher’s incapabilities to distinguish between truth and lie, as a result of his obscure savant nature, is clearly expressed throughout the novel. The simile in “ There is no gap in my memory, like a bit of tape has been erased” demonstrates essential honesty in relationships as the father-son relationship between Christopher and Ed is significantly impacted through this. Haddon’s characters and their experiences forces readers to apprehend the challenges in raising an autistic child. Thus, the author creates subtle contrasts between responder and protagonist, memorably manipulating the responder in conjunction to the autistic viewpoint of Christopher

Haddon’s manipulation on the characterisation of Christopher and the multiplicity of text types, form, and textual structure expresses the distinct differences between society and the autistic minority. As readers begin to comprehend the subtle nuances through the autistic worldview of “CIDN”, their perspectives are significantly challenged and transformed.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just one small note, don't abbreviate the title. Write it all out or write Author's text...

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Mark Haddon’s murder mystery novel - “ The Curious Incident Of The Dog In the Night Time” , narrated by an autistic teenager, enables responders to contrast differences between the protagonist and responder. “CIDN” cleverly positions readers to view and understand the complexity on the nature of human perception, through the mind of an autistic teenager by manipulating structure and form through the use of language and diagrams to reflect the mindset of the unconventional narrator. Thus, Haddon allows readers to grasp differences in societal norms between society and the protagonist, enabling responders to sympathize with the narrator. Through the novel , Haddon awakens the conscience of society on the Aspergers , as well as challenging their perspectives on the idea of asperger's through the contrasts between an teenager suffering from aspergers and contemporary society as a whole

Within his novel,Haddon uses a variety of distorted textual features conjointly, skillfully conforming the novel to the experiences and life of someone suffering from Asperger's . Haddon;s characterisation and portrayal of Christopher’s Asperger’s syndrome leads to difficulties in human interactions, understanding emotions, and apprehending societal norms. Thus Haddon positions readers to sympathize with the narrator, in result of his obscure nature.

All through the novel, the Nonlinear storyline and digressions from the central plot in “ solving maths problems” to explaining different things such as “his favourite dream” replicates his perpetual change in his mind, adds to the responder’s understanding on the savant nature of Christopher and how the autistic narrator functions and differs from us . Similarly, Christopher’s “ Dream job As An Astronaut” , is symbolic for reflecting his ideals in being alone and observing the universe away from other people. Consequently, Haddon clearly allows readers to apprehend symptoms of his mental illness, hence displaying abstruse contrasts between someone suffering from aspergers and society

Christopher’s highly sophisticated use of vocabulary and the use of latin in “ El deci” highlights his intelligence despite his syndrome. Thus, the author challenges the reader’s ideals on people with disabilities despite their strange differences .Thus, Haddon allows responders to reinforce our values towards people suffering from Aspergers, as well as understanding the complex characterisation of the protagonist

Narration and structure in “ CIDN” has a significant influence on the way in which the reader responds to text. Within his novel, Haddon rescinds predetermined perceptions of the logic and order-based reliance of Asperger’s sufferers through the emotionless and complex mind of the protagonist, Christopher Boone. This allows readers to understand subtle nuances in the disconnected and conflicted world of an Autistic savant. Christopher's metaphorical recherché experiences of “ Black Days” and “ Super Good Days” , unveils aspects of the protagonists struggle between emotions and logic, thus highlighting the polarity between emotional and constant unconventional logical perceptions

Moreover,the conflict for order and logic is strongly emphasized by Haddon’s constant use of prime numbers, which underpins the complex structure of the text as a whole. Hence,Haddon enables the novel to conform to the world of a different narrator, reinforcing the protagonist’s inherent need for stability and logic. Likewise, repetition used in “ Grabbed hold of me and pulled me….He kept pulling and he pulled me” during his conflict with his father highlights the catastrophic ramifications of a disturbance in Christopher’s perfectly maintained order.

Thus, Haddon reshapes responders viewpoints by manipulation of text and structure, tying them to Christopher on a deep and emotional level through the contrasts of differences between the usual person and the logically-based mind of an autistic teenager

Throughout “CIDN”, responder’s perceptions is challenged through the distinct interactions, relationships and experiences of characters
The significant change of genre, from crime fiction to family drama expresses the difficulties in raising an autistic child through contention in the true meaning of truth. The subversion of genres highlights Christopher’s constant complexity through his relationships, thus conveying obscure digressions between Christopher and present-day society.

Haddon’s portrayal of Christopher’s relationship with his father underpins different layers of intricacy, thus highlights the different nature of difficult relationships. Thus, as a result of raising a highly -maintained child. The eclipses and repetition within “ I did it for your good...I never meant to lie. I just thought it was better you didn't know” presents the distinct nature of relationships Christopher finds challenging in comprehending and unveils the father’s hardships in creating order for his intellectually-challenged son. Consequently, responders begin to distinguish their own relationships to the relationships of the protagonist, thus transforming their perceptions on people suffering from autism.

Moreover, Christopher’s incapabilities to distinguish between truth and lie, as a result of his obscure savant nature, is clearly expressed throughout the novel. The simile in “ There is no gap in my memory, like a bit of tape has been erased” demonstrates essential honesty in relationships as the father-son relationship between Christopher and Ed is significantly impacted through this. Haddon’s characters and their experiences forces readers to apprehend the challenges in raising an autistic child. Thus, the author creates subtle contrasts between responder and protagonist, memorably manipulating the responder in conjunction to the autistic viewpoint of Christopher

Haddon’s manipulation on the characterisation of Christopher and the multiplicity of text types, form, and textual structure expresses the distinct differences between society and the autistic minority. As readers begin to comprehend the subtle nuances through the autistic worldview of “CIDN”, their perspectives are significantly challenged and transformed.
When we teach our classes to write essays with texts with long titles we teach them what the Board expects. That is you must write the title in full in the introduction and the conclusion and you must identify the shortened form next to the text like this
Mark Haddon’s murder mystery novel - “ The Curious Incident Of The Dog In the Night Time” (“CIDN”) , narrated by an autistic teenager, enables responders to contrast differences between the protagonist and responder. ..

I would also suggest that you consider curious incident as your shortened form as smaller versions of the title are easier to remember than abbreviations as rule .
i will be in touch when I have marked it . There is also a message for you in your PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)