please help- improving performance (1 Viewer)

Claire

hey
i have an assesment that reads
* evaluate the use of overload techniques in training for the devlopment of strenght.
i need to include pyramid sets, forced reps super sets drop sets ect.
could sumone please explain the disadvantages and the advantages of these for the devlopment of strength?

i would appreciate it greatly. thanks

Last edited:

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hmmm this is actually pretty hard, as there is no "exact" answer to which one is better etc..from research they are still not sure of which is the best method, although i do know forced repetitions are used in very heavy weight, and that is used to build mass

Claire

thankyou for your reply
does anyone know any infomation of what they include becos i realise that some more than other there is an incresed chance of injury but i dont know which one really....... if only i was a weight lifter

p.s it is not just which one is better but how good each one indivudally is at improving strenth devlopment.

Last edited:

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
forced repetitions can lead to injury,eg. with a bicep curl you use your back to help curl the weight, which adds greater stress to the back, and can cause injury. it also should be noted that forced repetitions should only be done by experienced lifters, and with begginers it should be supervised.

as for pyramiding, this is a good way, as you gradually build up the weight therefore, your muscles are warming up. this can prevent injury.

i cant remember what drop sets are, ive probably done them in my own lifting routine, but i just didnt know they were called that. if without wings knows, ill be able to provide info on it.

Claire

o thankyou that is the direction i was looking for. thank heaps

if anyone else knows any more on
cheating
blitzing ect
:)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
oops actually cheating is using your back to help the weight up
forced repetitions are when your muscle is fatigued, you have a spotter assist you in lifting the weight, which is good for building muscle when it is fatiged.

blitzing - it involves working a muscle group with a variety of different exercises until fatigue occurs. eg. doing barbell bicep curl, preacher curl, incline curl and chinups. this fatigues the muscle with the use of a variety of exercises.

222fish

drop sets work the muscles to complete exhaustion
super sets r good because they work a variety of muscles, one of th emost popular forms

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
supersets are doing two exercises in one sets, with no rest. eg. hamstring curl and then leg extension with no rest. these are working opposite muscles and are effective if you only have limited time in the gym.

Claire

thankyou for all your help. :)
my text book has infomation on what they are but not what the positive and negatives are or how useful in the devlopment of strength.

if anyone has any more info on the pro's and con for each i would greatly appreciate it..... i hate all this weight stuff!:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)