Please help I'm freaking out what do I do? (1 Viewer)

2KL4SKL

HSC
Ok so I was trying to enrol in my classes but 2 of them clashed, and after I enrolled in one they wouldn't let me enrol in the other one. So while I was trying to sort out this clash the class they wouldn't let me enrol in filled up and now it's full and they won't let me enrol in it. Classes start in a few weeks so what do I do? I really wanted this class and if I can't do it everything else may as well just go to hell. I could wait until a place frees up but how long do I have to wait?

The class I'm talking about is Film Studies at UNSW so if anyone can help, or knows someone, I will be eternally grateful. :(

Thanks Sinophile. I don't know where to find people who will swap with me, let alone do the class, though. None of my friends are doing it. Also I called the lecturer today to put me in a full class for a tutorial, and she wouldn't let me. So what are the chances she would let me for the lecture? (Or is it different for lectures?) And I'm scared that even if I keep trying to get into the class but can't enrol in the class before the start of semester, I will be stuffed.

Yes I apologise LordPc. I'm enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts/Education degree at UNSW and Film Studies is an elective, under arts. The lecture clashes with my Educational Psych lecture (but that's been sorted). Now I just can't enrol in the Film Studies lecture (but I can enrol in the tutorial because there's one time left.)

Last edited:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
-Try to arrange a swap with someone already in class
-Talk to the authorities, beg them
-Keep trying to get into the class, because some students might drop their class a leave a spare space for you

Thats all I know. This is knowledge I gleaned from reading threads on BoS, hopefully someone whos actually gone to uni can help u.

LordPc

HSC
ok, first off, when asking for help, make things easier for people trying to help you. instead of using the word "course", actually give the course codes like FILM1031 or whatever it is

what degree are you enrolled in? is film an elective? what type of clash is it? lecture clash? tutorial clash? lecture/tutorial clash?

Raix

HSC
I'd call up the Uni and tell them specifically what the problem is. I dunno how it works at UNSW but where I'm going, you can report clashes and they'll try to sort it out if there's a lot of students with the same problem. And I think it said that if the clash can't be fixed to talk to the lecturer?

My friend was facing a similar situation before, the units she needed to enrol in were filled up and she couldn't so she called up the Uni and got it sorted.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
does the lecture clash? if not just put it wherever and then go to whichever want you want? as far as the tute goes just wait it out, or try and find the mailing list to all students in the course so you can email and see if anyone wants to swap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)