Please help,.. haber process assessment presentation (1 Viewer)

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
oki i hav a chemistry presentation due pritty soon.
i have to make a ten minute presentation on
" describe the conditions underwhich haber developed the industrial synthesis of amonia and evaluate its significance at that time in world history"

well what exactly does this mean?
and does anyone know were i can get some good sources of information for this??

also the assessment hand out says this is a dot point straight from the sylabus.
which DOSNT explain the absence of data sources that answer that ^

Last edited:

zhangy

HSC
oki i hav a chemistry presentation due pritty soon.
i have to make a ten minute presentation on
" describe the conditions underwhich haber developed the industrial synthesis of amonia and evaluate its significance at that time in world history"
^
well basically, u have to talk about the conditions at which the Haber process functions,
think at around 400 degrees and 250 atmosphere pressure
that is the first part of ur question, the second part is just basically wat lead to the creation of the haber process
this was due to the fact that saltpetre, which are nitrogen compounds were cut off from germany WWI
as it was required to make explosives etc..... once it was cut off they couldnt make anymore
then comes along haber and creates the haber process which provided a source of nitrogen compounds in the form of ammonia
this was significant as it prolonged the war and nowadays there is a source to nitrogen compounds
:)
hope it helps
also, as this is a dotpoint, u could go and look at the resources for chem monitoring

MSELIM2

HSC
I also have a presentation, we have to describe a prac in terms of validity, reliability, and so on, but also relate the prac to its relevant dot points, i.e. the theory behind it. I am doing, the 'decarbonating soft drink', prac and was wondering how to start of my presentation, the whole good morning ms... thing seems a bit worn out, any ideas??
Also what would you recommend, start of with prac then theory, or theory then prac?? hehe
Thanks for your help :)

daryl-d

HSC
get the success one book, it has a good answers to past hsc papers pertaining to the haber process- just rip ot some of the info.

also there will probably be some info in the resourse section- maybe even an assesment similar to yours

shady145

Banned
HSC
well basically, u have to talk about the conditions at which the Haber process functions,
think at around 400 degrees and 250 atmosphere pressure
that is the first part of ur question, the second part is just basically wat lead to the creation of the haber process
this was due to the fact that saltpetre, which are nitrogen compounds were cut off from germany WWI
as it was required to make explosives etc..... once it was cut off they couldnt make anymore
then comes along haber and creates the haber process which provided a source of nitrogen compounds in the form of ammonia
this was significant as it prolonged the war and nowadays there is a source to nitrogen compounds
:)
hope it helps
also, as this is a dotpoint, u could go and look at the resources for chem monitoring
well it was originally used to fertilize land to grow crops faster and in larger quantities... Now Germany can eat XD
i also think it operates at 500 degree C, however could be wrong
OP do u have a text book? i'm sure it explains it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)