Please help! Assignment on Amun Cult (1 Viewer)

Netty_M

HSC
Hey everyone... if any of you could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. I have an assignment due in a couple of weeks. I have to write a 1500 word essay, the question is "Asess the importance of the Amun Cult in the period from Ahmose to Thutmose VI"

Any websites, notes or anything you think could help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

enva

HSC
N/A
When is it due?
i might know of "some" things but it would help to know when its due to see if i can find them

Netty_M

HSC
It's due next Tuesday. Anything you might find would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

enva

HSC
N/A
cutting it a bit close.

i will look of my ancient history stuff from tafe may be able to give you a few pointers as hunter campus has this for assessment task 2 1000 words and minimum of 5 sources

Netty_M

HSC
Ah ok, are you doing that at Newcastle TAFE? I was wrong about the due date. It's actually not due until the 6th of June. Woops, sorry.

enva

HSC
N/A
yes, newcastle tafe

i am reviewing some notes to give u some pointers, theres a hell of alot of sheets on hyksos -> t4 so theres stuff hidden everywhere about cult

Netty_M

HSC
I got to newcastle tafe too. But I don't think I know you. All my notes are at my mums house in Sydney. So I am kinda screwed. I have been looking online and i found a couple of things, but it's not enough. Thanks.

enva

HSC
N/A
judging by monday 6th of june id say ure in karen's class? as the day 6hour and night 4hour are due june 2nd
Must use primary and secondary sources
5source bib
Harvard referencing system
checking my notes to see for pointers etc
here are some that u might know already but it gives some guidlines for essay.

Expulsion of hyksos Uptill Hatshepsut
Amun rises from local god to god of egypt
Amun seen as responsable for the Theben king Ahmose's success in expulsion of hyksos.( Ahmose founder 18th dynasty technically belonged to 17th)
Amun showered with offerings (gold, silver and turquoise jewllery
Ahmose began to rebuild egypt to its former glory
Thebes became new religious and state capital for egypt
Epithets (phrases) used to describe a pharoh religious role - 'The beautiful god', The one who illuminates the two lands', 'Ra of foreign countries', 'Sun of human beings who drives darkness from Egypt', the one who is 'Like Ra forever'
Every priest began his religious duties before the gods with the words 'I am the priest.It is the who has sent me to behold the god'
Building programs - essential part of the topic
Hatshepsut divine birth - morturary temple inscriptions/reliefs
If you have ure Hatshepsut essay go over it with the marking guide if u got one and look at your strong points and then look for anything that you think is relevent

Thutmose 3 - Battle of megiddo
Tjaneni's account of battle - 'To extend the boundries of egypt, according to his fathor Amon-Re'
Increae of wealth during this time
Sed fesitval

Those are some very basic points from New Kingdom egypt text book and handouts im trying to find more myself but thats pretty much all ive got and ive got less time then you to do it in, thought i had more but those key points give you something to expand on if it helps

Netty_M

HSC
Thank you very much, that does help a lot. Good luck with your essay. And yes, I'm in Karen's class. What other subjects are you doing?

enva

HSC
N/A
Thanks, you to
im doing ipt,society,ancient history and std english

Those notes are pretty basic but will give you something, ive lost a most of my own research so am starting from scratch your class is lucky to get an extra few days

Last edited:

Netty_M

HSC
Yeah I guess. It was originally due on the 1st but they pushed it back. Thank god. I am stressing out so bad about TAFE at the moment. Oh well. Not long till it's all over.

enva

HSC
N/A
your class is lucky then, Night 4hours and day 6hour still have it in by june 02
im stressing about it have to get good marks in it. Plus theres the source based task worth 5marks

Netty_M

HSC
Try not to stress, I'm sure you'll do fine. And I wouldn't worry about the source based part, it shouldn't be too hard. How did you go in your Hatshepsut essay?

enva

HSC
N/A
For that one i got 23/25 which surprised me, i didnt expect to get anymore then 15 as i couldnt concentrate on what to do, ended up doing the speos and tombos references the wrong way around but at least they were there.

How did you go on your essay?

Last edited:

Netty_M

HSC
I got 18/25. Which suprised me, I thought I would have done a little better. I wrote a couple of practice essays and went over my stuff a lot. When I was writing the essay I got some of the sources mixed around which didn't help. But I guess 18/25 isn't to bad.

enva

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i wrote 3-4 practice ones and had 3 pages of notes to go from, but mixing the sources up is a common problem. I forgot the name of 2 historians so i left a blank space and managed to fill it in at last minute as they popped into my head.
Someone got 25/25 in the 6hour day class.

Netty_M

HSC
Wow, good on them. I'm not sure what the highest mark in my class was.

enva

HSC
N/A
Hey,
How did you find doing the essay? and the inclass portion?.
I drew a blank on the question itself so i pretty much just wrote 1 thing and repeated it a few times just re-wording it lol

X

xeuyrawp

Hey. If this thread has served its purpose, it should be closed and chit-chat be done through email/pm/msn. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)