Planck/Einstein (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
This is from the successone From Ideas to Implementation questions, Q12:

Early observations, and experiments, on the photoelectric effect produced results which seemed difficult to explain with existing theories. Which of the following was the first to provide a real explanation of the results observed in the experiments on the photoelectric effect?

C) Einstein
D) Planck

Now, the answer says C, but didn't Planck also provide an explanation and einstein used Planck's conclusions to form his own?

richz

planck talked about blackbody radiation he didnt talk anything about light. Einstien then came along and said that light was made of photons and this related to blackbody radiation. Einstien then explained wat hertz couldnt, the photoelectric effect

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Im pretty sure it was einstein qho deveolped the theory of the photoelectric effect, but he used Planks equation E=hf, from Planks theory on black body radiation

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yep, Einstein used Plank's findings in regards to energy being quantised into packets. Einstein took it one step further by claiming light was a particle, transferred as 'photons'. Then continued to propose his "all or nothing" energy thesis, and that light was quantised and as such, provided an explanation for the Photoelectric Effect.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
so:

Planck = black body
Einstein = photoelectric

?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Jago said:
so:

Planck = black body
Einstein = photoelectric

?
yep, einstein explained it by his particle theory (using planck's quantum theory)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
ah, i really need to study the theory of black body and photoelectic effects :/

biscuit

The hint was "real explanation... photoelectric effect"

It's pretty confusing though

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Yeah, in an exam i would've put Einstein as well, but i thought Planck could be correct so i ask here

Abtari

HSC
planck is incorrect. it would have to be einstein.

einstein was the one to provide a 'real' explanation of the photoelectric effect. classical physics was unable to explain why below a certain frequency (now known as threshold frequency), light could not emit photoelectrons. But einstein used Planck's hypothesis of quantisation and his work on black body radiation, to come up with a brilliant theory to explain photoelectric effect in its entirety! :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)