plagiarism (1 Viewer)

alex10

Confessions, anecdotes, what you think in general. It can be anonymous fi you prefer.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
annoyosmus? muUhauhUAHha

well i use to copy and paste like sentences from the net here and there, up until year 10 when some1 i knew got busted, was suspended and got an immediate fail for that assignment. from then on, never have i plagiarised.

kini mini

HSC
Following a brief search, the email given does appear to belong to a domain owned by the Daily Telegraph, see the paper's contacts page here. That's for those of you who wonder about the credentials of alex10.

From a quick search of the Telegraph website and Google, I am fairly confident that "alex10" is Alex Devine. Note that the book referred to on this site also has an interest in education.

Now that I'm sure who I'm talking to, I'll send an email :).

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
does cutting a small piece from someones essay and doing that with a lot of essays to eventually build a super essay count as plagarism ? :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
does cutting a small piece from someones essay and doing that with a lot of essays to eventually build a super essay count as plagarism ? :)
LOL thats cute! yeah i think it does! ur using someone else's work without their knowledge or permission...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yeah thats what i thought

but when u think about it this way

like if u get pieces from different essays and make one super essay its probably a unique one and has not been copied since there is no other essay.

then you think that if you pick up on an idea you want to convey in the exam it could be the exact same one as another guys. and seeing you didn't copy it but made it up from your own intellectual mind that would hardly be called plagarism.

its like the guy who made up the alphabet gonna sue the whole world for writing that letter in an essay :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
kini mini, I could tell he was legit from the email.
You never know who owns a domain unless you check :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)