plagiarism (1 Viewer)

Jess007

HSC
i didnt know where to slot this thread so i thought this would do....

in my geography we had an assessment... a flunked it way bad 8/20 ( dont even ask me wat the hell went wrong story is to long)

any way we got the marks back on monday and i got the lowest. ha ha obviously :) and this other girl who got higher then me copied and pasted EVERYTHING she still had the notes in it that say ' refer to image below' and she still got higher then me. my teacher didnt say anything. im thinking about taking it up with the head teacher for H.S.I.E.

my geo teacher didnt penalise her either so i was like ' WTF'

'all my own work' was supposed to stop this from happening, she should of gotten a '0' shouldnt she?

what are your thoughts

Cheers Jess

me121

Premium Member
HSC
hmm.. if it is true that this person plagiarised. then you can choose to notify your assessment coordinator or head teacher. just ask them that you believe that this person plagiarised from ... this source. and ask them to look into it.

I had the opinion that if you are good enough to get away with it then good on you, and I didn't like the so called "dobbing in" action for individuals tasks that did not affect me. But you have every right, and should voice your concerns, as it WILL ultimately affect your HSC marks. However you should talk to the head teacher in private.

My advice, voice your concerns with the head teacher. But say, you think this person may have plagarised, not "He plagiarised give him zero."

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Rhanoct said:
Not all teachers deserve to be teachers
I agree 100%.
Some teachers have no control over the class, its like not been supervised at all.

Some teachers have the most abstract marking criteria, its so hard to please them.

And some teachers have hugly different opinions on what constitutes plagerism.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
risole91 said:
I agree 100%.
Some teachers have no control over the class, its like not been supervised at all.
Except for Primary school where I don't have a view, teachers are their to teach, not to supervise and ensure children behave. However, unfortunately it is still government school teachers job to supervise. In my opinion they are teachers not child minders. Students should pay them respect and treat them as teachers. On the other hand some teachers are not really good at teaching and may be better suited to child care work. For example, on many occasions we had a substitute teacher, she /he didn't know anything about the subject. All she/he did the whole lesson is said sit there and do not talk. I find that rediculus... I mean the school is paying them like $300 or something to stop us from learning (preventing us from talking meant that we could not learn). She/he was practically paid to child mind us, simply because some DET rule somewhere says we must be constantly supervised.

risole91 said:
If the Board makes students do AMOW, then perhaps they should make staff also do a similar waste of time program. Really, teachers should know the Boards rules and for HSC assessments, they should follow this, not make up their own opinion on what they think is plagiarism.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
me121 said:
Except for Primary school where I don't have a view, teachers are their to teach, not to supervise and ensure children behave. However, unfortunately it is still government school teachers job to supervise. In my opinion they are teachers not child minders. Students should pay them respect and treat them as teachers. On the other hand some teachers are not really good at teaching and may be better suited to child care work. For example, on many occasions we had a substitute teacher, she /he didn't know anything about the subject. All she/he did the whole lesson is said sit there and do not talk. I find that rediculus... I mean the school is paying them like $300 or something to stop us from learning (preventing us from talking meant that we could not learn). She/he was practically paid to child mind us, simply because some DET rule somewhere says we must be constantly supervised.

If the Board makes students do AMOW, then perhaps they should make staff also do a similar waste of time program. Really, teachers should know the Boards rules and for HSC assessments, they should follow this, not make up their own opinion on what they think is plagiarism.
I agree with the first part.
In some cases it would be more beneficial to have a free period and study in the library then have a casual teacher who knows nothing.

Not to be racist, but we have teachers who barely speak english at my school, and have trouble communicating with kids.

Jess007

HSC
risole91 said:
I agree 100%.

Some teachers have the most abstract marking criteria, its so hard to please them.

the teacher didnt even give us a marking criteria
just wrote the question the a piece of paper and photocopied it.. yeh ive talked tot he head teacher ( my ancient teacher) so she's going to look into it. shes really good

Jess007

HSC
some of the ids at my school in yr 7-9 are the most immature and annoying children that i have ever come across. i get angry at them because that have no repsect forthe teahcers or the school. but then it hought, thats what teenagers are/do....i was one of them.. i guess it all comes with maturity, but some of these kids really dont want to be there, i dont think some of them deserve to be students. i know we all go ' i hate school bla bla' but id prefer to do this then be in poverty striken country where theres no schools. so i agree with you. all teachers deserve to be teachers i think

Pretty sure they wouldn't be teaching if the board didn't think they "deserve to be teachers". That said, how would you feel if a teacher walked in and said not all students deserve to be students?[/quote]

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Pretty sure they wouldn't be teaching if the board didn't think they "deserve to be teachers". That said, how would you feel if a teacher walked in and said not all students deserve to be students?
I know of teachers who did not deserve to be teaching. Said teachers no longer teach at my school. If a teacher walked in and said not all students deserve to be students I would agree, because a fuckload don't deserve to be in school. There's millions of kids who'd love an education and you see these idiots who don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)