Plagerism Question (1 Viewer)

yewwforstudy

HSC
The other day i freaked out and realised that my creative writing is complete crap... it was about a bird loosing its way home. Anyways... so i created a new peice where a person is murdered in the end and i decided to use a structure where you see a glimpse of the murder at the start then it loops back around at the end. This structure i had seen before in a variety of sample texts.
I showed my work to my friends and a couple of them replied that they had seen a text similiar making reference to the structure and the interaction between the two characters. Considering I had never seen this text would i get pulled up for some kind of plageristic act?
Should i change my writing to avoid these things?

yewwforstudy

HSC
its not cliche.

Here is the actual story.

[FONT=&quot]The Journey Ahead..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...The body fell to the ground and sacred parchment was lifted from his lifeless grips. As the black cloaked traveller slipped out the cabin door into the night, he was never seen again...

Harry put word out in the local village that he was looking for a traveller to accompany him upon his voyage to the far distant land of Carpathian. A place where the great Kings rule the lands and where Harry desired to find a reward of great solace so then he could die a happy man.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whilst sitting in the local inn in “preparation” for his long journey ahead, he noticed that from a table sitting in the shadows a mysterious cloaked traveller was watching him carefully. The traveller realised that he had be spotted and he emerged from the shadows and sat opposite Harry in a fashion that almost dared Harry to flee. Harry with-drew all signs of intimidation caused by this mans presence.

“I hear you are looking to for someone to join you upon you journey to Carpathian?” the darkened traveller asked in a mysterious manner.

Harry thought carefully before speaking his next words, although out of desperation for company he confessed.
“Yes, it is a distance far too great for me alone and I have business that I must attend to there.”

The shady traveller, unshaved and shabby clothed, smiled at Harry with a twisted grin that would revolt even the vilest creatures upon this earth.
“Well with such a great distance I recommend that we make haste as soon as possible.” replied the traveller with a degree of excitement in his tone. As dusk fell the two voyagers set out upon there journey.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Along the journey the traveller said very little, replying to most questions with short, discrete answers giving Harry very little insight as to the purpose for accompanying him along this treacherous journey. Querying glances were shot at the traveller, Harry noticed something emerging from beneath his long black travellers cloak, what no doubt, to Harry, was a weapon, perhaps a blade. But of course Harry was prepared, baring his own weaponry in the event that trouble should occur. It was evident that a traveller willing to carry weaponry was on an assignment or errand, this was clearly one not to be disturbed.
Months went by as the two battled the rough terrain and unmerciful weather when finally they came upon the Carpathian inn, no more then a day’s walk from the centre of town.

“We will rest here for the night, dark is approaching and I would prefer the rest of the journey to be without complication.” The traveller stated, “Thieves rome these roads at dusk”
Harry eyed the traveller. “ok” he chucked wearily. Long dark shadows branched out in front of them as they moved towards the inn, the sunlight quickly faded behind the mountains and the cool night set in.

The two settled into there cabin with much ease.
“The road has been very long and I do apologise for my abrupt manner, I had to be sure that I could trust you.” Said the traveller warmly. For the first time upon the entire journey the he took off his travellers cloak and from within he pulled out no weapon, but a role of parchment.

“This sacred parchment, brought down by the Gods themselves, is my reason for coming here. It is worth more then gold and he who has it will be deemed the rightful king of the land. Many men have been hired to find and kill me for it. I am to return it. I was very excited to here that there was someone else heading this way on a simple pilgrimage.” the traveller said nobly.

Harry turned from the shadows of the cabin with the traveller’s cloak over his shoulders drawing a knife from his pocket...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

janaranaran!

HSC
they're surprisingly lax with this kind of thing according to my teacher who was a section II marker

like it's ok if you copy the plot of another book or tv show or whatever because although the plot is the same, it's a new text. It's when you starting writing excerpts word for word that it becomes plagiarism and you get in trouble.

EDIT: i like that twist ending M Night Shyamalan ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)