Placement of sentences. (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Does the placement of sentences bear any hidden meaning or places emphasis on the certain aspects of what the sentence is trying to say?

In other words, does the placement of sentences bear any significance in the interpretation of the major work?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Okay, i'll reword my question.

Does the placement of sentences, say as a single line in the middle or right of the page have any particular meaning? If it is used for an effect, what is its purpose?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Are you doing it or is someone else you know doing this?

To my knowledge, there is no specific meaning assigned to specific placement (I think you're referring to left, center and right alignment correct?) and basically every writer I know who has ever messed around with formatting has done so for a different purpose that can either serve the specific section it is in or the work as a whole.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
It means what you want it to mean I suppose.
Everything after that just depends on whether you can convey your meaning clear enough through the text for others to understand.

Does that make any sort of sense? :S

I messed around with the format of mine quite a bit but be careful! My teacher warned us that if you mess around with the format too much, it becomes confusing and unclear to the reader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)