pizza delivery (1 Viewer)

MorganJayde

HSC
has anyone had this job before? if so is it actually worth it, i need money desperatly and i only have the time in evenings. is any company better then the other?
or if its not worth it what other jobs can i do where they are flexible with hours? like only night shifts etc... also im still at school and already work a job but only 8 hours a week 2 hours each mon tues thurs and fri arvos

MorganJayde

HSC
im honestly that desperate for money, and i highly doubt rapes would occur....

Nietzsche

HSC
Well you wouldn't know because you haven't been one before!!!

Idiot.

If you want to be raped, don't deliver pizza, just walk through Redfern.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
the reason pizza places always need to advertise this kind of job is because no-one wants to do it.

there's probably a very good reason for that. the pay is shit (i heard it was $3 a pizza? minus what you spend on fuel) and it's so easy for something to happen to you. even when i was being hounded to get a job, pizza delivery was one job my parents wouldnt let me take.

if youre really that desperate, fast food places are always hiring, and they'll take you for shifts at night. big W, target etc... it's pretty shit work, but it's money.

*Minka*

HSC
Don't do it - it is far too dangerous. You don't know what kind of people will be in those houses you go to.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i wouldnt do it, and your a girl so u definetely shouldnt do it. Do waitering or nightfill or something

Mike iE

HSC
i did it for a year, never any problems. I worked at Dominos, which is alot better than pizza hut as far as pay goes. You get a base rate $9.41, then $1.35 a delivery which is tax-free, and then tips - tips used to pay me petrol and then some. you can easily do 2-4 dels an hour on thurs/fri/sat night and $10-20 in tips.
As far as danger goes, depends on the area - i was at rouse hill, mainly young families, and i was never threatened or felt unsafe. We had 2-3 girls do it and they never got in trouble, and generally got better tips!

pete_mate

HSC
my brother did it for a year, but that was on the lower north-shore, you'd be sweet there.

and how exactly do you get raped? you dont even go inside

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i did it at pizza hut (and i'm a girl) before becoming a manager - it was something like $3.50 a delivery... but i think it also depends on the franchise that you work for - different franchises have different pay rates (some are up at about $5 a delivery and others pay like dominos - base rate + delivery rate)
if you work at a relatively busy store on busy nights (that means thurs/fri/sat nights) then you'll make money cos you can do an average of 4 deliveries per hour (they usually send you out on more than on delivery at once - usually 2), but if the store is quiet you will be sitting around the store and not doing any work and not getting paid (if you are just paid per delivery)
so really it's up to you - and as for safety you'd have to determine that for your own particular area.... i never really felt scared, you just don't do things like go into the house etc..

Ennaoj

HSC
I'm a chick and just quit my job at Pizza Hut for Amart all sports. I hated it because i only got paid shit $4.23 per delievery - and if it's really quiet - that's not much money! Dominos is great for money i would have been getting $16 bucks an hour plus $2 per delivery, and of course tips. It's a good job if you like being by yourself and just driving around, but you need to like late nights.
Good luck.

CieL

HSC
I don't know if they'll hire you on those hours though..

Because at my work they don't want you on the day if you cant stay for at least 3hrs

7th Sign

HSC
LOL the guy at my local pizza hut was hell desprate for pizza delivery guys...full beggin me to be one...im like ahh get the wages higher and I might concider it...

petrol prices are killers atm sif you would want to do deliverys...

It would be sick in a rich area, certian parts of my area, their are tones of rich people so it might be ok...I would ask people for tips hahahahha....go to a house with liek a bently parked in the drive way and do a full sob story about gettin shit pay...in turn get a big tip :D

CieL

HSC
^ also possible that the rich people are the stingey ones

daman

HSC
if i was to apply for a pizza delivery position and i said that i had a bike license could i possibly be supplied with a bike to do my runs on?

daman

HSC
Just Click It said:
haha! You'd be able to win the 2007 tour de france if you rode for pizza deliveries dude :rofl: Good for fitness I'd say!
omg you're stupid.

Natla

HSC
MorganJayde said:
or if its not worth it what other jobs can i do where they are flexible with hours? like only night shifts etc
Supermarkets tend to have late hours like 10pm or midnight so maybe you could try for that. They always need new people for checkouts, the deli, the fruit & veg section or on the floor.

Fast food places like McDonalds are also another option and there's a few 24hr ones around!

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)