• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Aww i love Johnny Depp!!!! Hmm, it shall be easier to place all comments in spoiler.

I thought the kiss was good. I mean, i dont know the background with Will, so i guess i havent got the whole "aww what a happy couple" thing. And i thought it was good...because whenever she used the compass to find what she "most wanted in the world", it always pointed to Jack. And she was in denial. But in the end she acknowledged it all.

Also... I dont think Jack is dead. But i have a question. Davy doesn't become the Kraken does he? It is a separate thing? I thought there was something said about to kill the Kraken it needed to be stabbed in the heart. I might be getting confused with Davy. But anyway, if what im thinking is correct...then the way that thing opened his mouth it could have taken Jack in whole...and Jack had his sword...and he could have massively damaged the Krakens insides.../

Ok so im prattling. And it is possibly highly imaginative but it just shows how much i wish it to be true and how much i now love Johnny Depp.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Aww i love Johnny Depp!!!! Hmm, it shall be easier to place all comments in spoiler.

Also... I dont think Jack is dead. But i have a question. Davy doesn't become the Kraken does he? It is a separate thing? I thought there was something said about to kill the Kraken it needed to be stabbed in the heart. I might be getting confused with Davy. But anyway, if what im thinking is correct...then the way that thing opened his mouth it could have taken Jack in whole...and Jack had his sword...and he could have massively damaged the Krakens insides.../
Yes Davy and the Kraken are seperate things and he doesn't become it. You are getting it confused with Davy. The beating heart that Norrington has? THAT is Davy's heart and whoever has that control's him (and stabbing it would kill Davy)

And I agree. Jack's still alive. Somehow. Its Hollywood.

katy-g

HSC
transcendent said:
OH AND MAKE SURE TO STAY BACK FOR THE POST CREDIT CLIP. for those of you who had an idea of what happen to it, you'll see.
Twas hardly worth sitting thru the 8 min credits for that...

But the movie was good. Kinda disappointed with the to be continued ending!!!

And loved the whole... Jack and Elizabeth twist. Yep. I hate her.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Yes Davy and the Kraken are seperate things and he doesn't become it. You are getting it confused with Davy. The beating heart that Norrington has? THAT is Davy's heart and whoever has that control's him (and stabbing it would kill Davy)

And I agree. Jack's still alive. Somehow. Its Hollywood.
Yeah.. ok, thank u :). I knew that Norrington had Davy's heart
but i just thought something was mentioned about the Kraken as well. Anyway i will watch the first one of these days. =p

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Yeah.. ok, thank u :). I knew that Norrington had Davy's heart
but i just thought something was mentioned about the Kraken as well. Anyway i will watch the first one of these days. =p
whoever puts their heart is in the dead mans chest controls the sea.

davy put his heart in the chest, thus he controlled the sea and with it the kraken.

you stab the heart and thus kill davy but then the kraken would be masterless and roam free killed more and more people. as in, event hough davy uses it to kill people and summons it upon ships, if he wasnt the master, it would be worse.

i hope that clears that up.

i honestly didnt think it was that confusing :/

helmut

HSC
was tired
waiting for the ending
didn't realise this wa going to be a three part thing
garh!
stupid movie!
[but nice sets and action scenes... that massive ship on the island was really pretty, you know, if ships like that can be pretty]

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Well no it wasnt quite that confusing... i just thought i heard something in refernce to the kraken and killing it. But i got mixed up. What you said makes sense. Thank you.

And the Kraken is the huge octopus thing.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Well no it wasnt quite that confusing... i just thought i heard something in refernce to the kraken and killing it. But i got mixed up. What you said makes sense. Thank you.

oh! right :uhhuh:

<3 thank you <3

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
OHMIGOD. i loved it. really. ah, it was soo funny. dig the cannibal bit. hated the cliffie!!! but then its hollywood, what can u do.

"I've got a jar of dirt, I've got a jar of dirt, and guess what's in it?!"
lmao :D <3333333333

plus johnny depp just reaches new heights of hottness...specially on that fruit kebab thing. damn i almost peed myself laughing.

imo: 9/10, at the least. i take 1 point off for being too long. but other than that it was fantastic.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
lourai*87 said:
oh..that thing scared me man. the last part of the movie when he came i couldnt watch...it was sooo yukky

J

jhakka

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
imo: 9/10, at the least. i take 1 point off for being too long. but other than that it was fantastic.
Wasn't long enough. :p

HSC
i didnt think that it was long enough... thought it was better than the first.. still love the first but this one was better.. so not confused through it at all.
omg i love johhny depp.. have done for years and i really love jack sparrow lottttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
cant wait for the third one to come out...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i liked it all up. I thought the first one beat it in an overall rating for me but only slightly. I didnt see that there was going to be a 3rd one.
1 question. in the movie...why was the monkey still undead? (i dont know how to do spoilers )

watkinzez

HSC
Katie123 said:
i liked it all up. I thought the first one beat it in an overall rating for me but only slightly. I didnt see that there was going to be a 3rd one.
1 question. in the movie...why was the monkey still undead? (i dont know how to do spoilers )
If you watch the original post credits, there's a scene in which the monkey steals another medallion from the chest- cursing only himself.

HSC
This movie was excellent! Saw it once, want to see it again!
BTW…I thought the compass pointed to Jack all the time for another reason than Elizabeth loving him…like maybe she wants to be a pirate…or she wants Jack because she knows he’s the only way to save Will…I don’t know but it didn’t seem to me like she really liked him…but maybe that’s Kiera Knightly’s fault :) Lovely girl, very good looking, not too fabulous an actor though.
Poor Will. He's so loyal and he's always getting trod on. Still like him though, he's like a cute puppy, Lol. That sword fight was pretty hawt too, go norrington!

For everyone who likes Johnny Depp...I just got a movie called 'Benny and Joon' that he stars in...is it any good?

DarkLadyRoxy

HSC
I've seen it. It's really a good movie, in my opinion.
I liked the fights....
:)

tzncz

not quite here
HSC
wow, yea, i liked it, it was action-packed and exciting and all that, as well as funny and emotional etcetra etcetra...

but i didn't think it was the best that it could be, probably cos after the first i had really high expectations...

i like the dog =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)