Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I thought it was just as good as the first, enjoyed it immensely.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
The first one is on TV tonight

I wanna see the second one on tuesday ;)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Lol, so funny, more funny than scary

SPOILER

Sri Lankan dude: Actually, you only need about six (to man the ship)

*The guys in the two cages look at each other*

Sri Lankan dude: Uh oh...

Will Turner: OK guys! PULL!

Fkn hilarious.

amanmai

HSC
I loved this movie! So far to say it's better than the first.

I must admit, I do swoon a bit, but the movie itself = brilliant!

Costumes, sets, etc everything was fantastic! Can you tell I'm a POTC fanatic?

SPOILERS!!!! (mods? How about you make the text below white so people can highlight if they want to see?)
Why I loved it:
- Norrington!Drunk
- Actually interesting Governor character
- Great scripting all around
- Focus not completely on Jack all the time
- Undead Monkey
- *that* swordfight (plus Keira trying to get attention: "Oh! The sun!" *faints* *peeks and becomes annoyed when no one notices*
- Decent back story to Day Jones actually explored in this film
- Lovely teasers/clues laid about the film.
- All that tying in with the first with a path laid out for the third. Nicely done.

Why I didn't love it so much:
- It ended. Way too soon.
- Slightly over done acting on Keira's part..
- Lord Bennet (sp?) was Mr Collins in Pride and Prejudice and messed with my head (trying to get into Keira's pants... er skirts!)
- Jack/Elizabeth/Will triangle. No! Leave it! Complicated enough as it is.
- Ending: Jack??? Wah.
- one story, two films - it didn't really stand alone very well as a movie.

END SPOILERS

Four and a half stars! I can't believe the bad reviews it's getting.

EDIT: Sorry! I couldn't see any tags around the posting box, so assumed they'd been disabled or something. Not accustomed to VB Code. Sorry :(

Last edited:

payafee

HSC
this movie was fucking awesome!! the story was kind of hard to follow and same goes for the strong accents but as for entertainment value, id give 10/10. great laughs, great action and great fun :D

i officially hate elizabeth now. how dare she leave jack to die like that!! :mad: we all know he's gonna come back in the 3rd one somehow.. sooooo cant wait. only a year away!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Saw it today, I reckon it was a bit bizzare especially near the ending how all these groups of people were all over the place doing different things.

The kraken monster was good, but if there's one kraken then why not have a whole family of krakens?

when the 1st time they went to that lady that foresees future, you notice the monkey went to the back and climbed onto this person at the back of the house. You can only see his shoes, pants as he was sitting down it sorta looked like Captain Barbarossa. Indeed it was him.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Saw it yesterday. Not bad, entertaining enough.

There IS something right at the VERY end, like after ALL the credits, its not really worth seeing it though

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Saw it yesterday. Not bad, entertaining enough.

There IS something right at the VERY end, like after ALL the credits, its not really worth seeing it though
glad to see you read the rest of the thread

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
crazyhomo said:
glad to see you read the rest of the thread
I did. Thats why I stayed. And that's why I restated what was said. To verify it.

HSC
I still havent seen the movie but i bought the soundtrack and... wow... absolutely amazing. Hans Zimmer never fails to impress me.

Kulazzi

HSC
payafee said:
this movie was fucking awesome!! the story was kind of hard to follow and same goes for the strong accents but as for entertainment value, id give 10/10. great laughs, great action and great fun :D
ditto. A great movie!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
YaaaarRR!!

It was awesome...

Now to watch the first movie so I can understand what the hell everything means...

shadowfia

HSC
Seen the movie yesterday. Personally I think it is not as good as the first one, but it is good still. More action and supernatural content than the Curse of the Black Pearl, but the storyline is not as good asthe first. Besides, too much gruesome things rather than scary. And i feel there is not enough of Jack!

The costume, the action, the dialogue, the way Jack runs......is sooo good, (Jack always run leaning backwards...so funny, Johnny Depp is a damn good actor)

The accent and the rest of the story is not thatt easy to follow, I have to read online to fully understand the film, shame on me, really.

Can't wait for the next movie. Is it really going to be called At World's End? Can hard contain my excitment at the thought of Keith Richards as Jack's father, that should be fun. And if Jack's father is going to appear, I suspect that more of Jack's mysterious past will be revealled, the mere thought excites me to no end!

dora_18

HSC
I didn't like it, but then I slept through half of it. :/
yeah im with you, the movie was SHIT, the first one was so much better...i kept on getting lost with what was happening to each storyline and just when id catch on another random pont would start....i was with a great givenchy-smelling friend...so it was OK:p

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Why was the first one so great? I just watched it again yesterday and everyone seems to be making it out to be godly but it isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)