Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

It comes out July 6 :)

Who is going to see it!
Should be one of the good movies for the holidays.

Last edited:

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
bloody oath i'm gonna see it!!! a large group of us are dressing up as pirates and raiding the cinema - we were planning it ages ago for a midnight release, but sadly there isn't one :( ...the first screening is at 10am on Thursday for all those hardcore fans who wanna go see it

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
hell yeah im gonna see it! it should be awesome, i hope i hope i hope, lol!

is keith richards in this one or the third? im sadly behind in my movie news, damn uni!

J

jhakka

Wrong poster, Joe.

This one comes out while I'm away, so I'll probably see it on Sunday. :)

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
I liked the first one, but I hope there's not too much supernatural cgi nonsense. As a pirate, I found the first one's flamboyant exess almost offensive. Real pirates such as myself buckle far more swashes than anyone in that film + we're better looking.

I'm a pirate, that's right, I eat ninjas for breakfast.

HSC
I can't wait til this movie comes out!!! My friends and I are gonna see it; then i'm gonna see it again with my sister. I can't wait! Its another excuse to perve on Johnny Depp in his sexy pirete outfit as well as Orlando Bloom - the movie can't go wrong with two major hotties like that.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
OMFG! it was awesome! it surpassed every expectation i had of it. fucking brillant! i plan to see it again. ran into the always lovely bubz right after my session ended too. :)

OH AND MAKE SURE TO STAY BACK FOR THE POST CREDIT CLIP. for those of you who had an idea of what happen to it, you'll see.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
it was great!! <33 johnny depp

i was in stitches when captain jack was tied to the stick and was having fruit thrown at him, and then fell off the cliff due to the heaviness of the fruit :rofl: etc... can't remember all the scenes but oh god. my stomach :p

the whole tentacle thing was disgusting!! and the ending was so frustrating haha even though i knew there'd be a third one. i hate being left hanging :( and for some reason i had a really weird feeling that that would be captain barbossa at the end! though i thought he'd been shot in the heart in the first one... hmm :p (i guess the freaky woman brought him back to life)

haha hi lengy... what was in the credits?? i didn't stay!

ledzeppelin

HSC
it was alright, although I had the same reaction after the first one, which i love now

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***
my only problem was that it didn't stand alone as an independant movie from the next one

transcendent

HSC
N/A
bubz: DOG GOD :)

yeah. it wouldn't have been so bad if the first one made it seem like a trilogy, but it didn't.

watkinzez

HSC
Definitely a fun ride. Not much introduction to the characters, assuming knowledge of the original, and doesn't take long till some action spars. Strangely enough, as some things feel tighter in execution, others seem to be loosened in anticipation for the third film. While things are happening, the overall plot doesn't get started until a ways in, and doesn't have the climax that made the first film so exciting. Supposedly to do with these two part films, so hoping everything clicks together eventually.

The usuals are as good as ever though- Depp hasn't been saturated throughout the film, thankfully. The score, while more subdued than the first, seems ultimately more thought out. I was surprised to see some guitars in the action scenes, similar to what Greg Edmonson did for the Firefly soundtrack. Me likes the parts which remind me of Monkey Island too (though that was based on the ride as well).

haru

HSC
transcendent said:
OMFG! it was awesome! it surpassed every expectation i had of it. fucking brillant! i plan to see it again. ran into the always lovely bubz right after my session ended too. :)

OH AND MAKE SURE TO STAY BACK FOR THE POST CREDIT CLIP. for those of you who had an idea of what happen to it, you'll see.
what was the post credit clip? barbossa?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
NO FREAKING WAY?
There was more ? -cries-

I went to George st cinemas last night. (thurs) It was soooo awesome. It's my fave movie now. -nod-
Hehehe. So exciting, and the endinging! OMFG! I can't wait for no. 3 (Okay. Not saying anymore here)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
okay okay people it was nothing special. if you had paid attention and noted that the dog was left stranded on the Cannibal Island, some may have wondered what happened to it. it was put on the throne as the next god... if you know what that means.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Didn't even compare to the first one, the storyline was all over the place.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Yeah, I didn't like it as much as the first one either. It seemed like it was written to be a video game, all sort of episodic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)