pip topic (1 Viewer)

ashiebear

HSC
hey. i just started my hsc course and my pip is due next week. i have decided to do my pip on gambling and the effects it has on the family.. but everyone i talk to has better pips and i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas as to how i could narrow my focus topic.

mishka

HSC
N/A
your WHOLE PIP is due next week??? are you sure it isn't just the proposal that's due??

i can't really think of how you'd narrow it down... are you focusing on one certain type of gambling, the immediate family??

remember it has to have a cross cultural component, so keep that in mind when you're choosing a topic. also, see if you can relate it to the syllabus somehow...

ashiebear

HSC
opps... no my proposal is due! lol.. thanks for ur help but i dont understand what you mean by cross cultural component!...

mishka

HSC
N/A
cross-cultural component: you have to have a perspective different to your own... like it might be the effects on males vs females, or how these effects have changed over time. :uhhuh:

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, like othe ppl's views and not just your own. I'm thinking of doing "prayer" in the mian religions (which I think is Christianity, Judaism, Buddhisma and Islam) and like who does it in what time period.

ashiebear

HSC
ok.. thanks for ur help.. i handed my proposal in last week.. so hopefully i will go alright with that :)..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)