PIP Topic for '09 (1 Viewer)

Purples

HSC
Okay, I'm already thought of a topic - Why do people choose to adopt a system of beliefs? (Eg. Athiesm, Christianity, Buddhism). But I was thinking and found another topic to be more appealing to me - Why do we choose to remain alive?

I'd prefer to do the second topic, but I'm unsure if it would be able to fulfill the cross cultural and any other components...

Help highly appreciated!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Purples said:
Okay, I'm already thought of a topic - Why do people choose to adopt a system of beliefs? (Eg. Athiesm, Christianity, Buddhism). But I was thinking and found another topic to be more appealing to me - Why do we choose to remain alive?

I'd prefer to do the second topic, but I'm unsure if it would be able to fulfill the cross cultural and any other components...

Help highly appreciated!
heh, this reminded me of that movie 'the happening'

electrik1991

HSC
Be careful with that.
Make sure it relates to an aspect from the syllabus and don't make it so vast.
maybe if you look at the sancitity of life within cultures?

just a suggestion =]
Good Luck!

cxlxoxk

HSC
That's the same as asking why people don't suicide.

Yeah and like the other person said, do the sanctity/value of life in other cultures to address the cross cultural component.

Also you might like to note that not every has a choice to remain alive...think of people in third world countries, hunger and poverty takes the lives of many whether they want to die or not.

Purples

HSC
Ah wow! Okay then. So should I focus on two specific cultures? For example, Asian and Australian.

If I were to focus on First and Third World countries, I think obtaining information Third World would be difficult.

cxlxoxk

HSC
i'm not saying you should focus anything on the third world, im just saying ur topic has holes in it...ie. not all people have the choice to remain alive if they want to, and also that you don't address the other side of the story - why some people would want to die (people commiting suicide).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Look, i would seriously discuss this topic with your teacher before pursuing it, This kind of topic rides a thin line, i think its one of those ones which could be really great, but is more likely to turn out pretty mediocre.

Purples

HSC
Okay, I'll rethink my topic. Thanks so much everyone!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Purples said:
Okay, I'll rethink my topic. Thanks so much everyone!
don't totally dismiss it, cuz it could be really good, just refine it with your teacher. Just out of interest, have you discussed it with them? if so, what do they think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)