PIP Resources? (1 Viewer)

Jasmiineee

HSC
Okay, getting a head start on my pip, but i've hit a brick wall.
Our class teacher said term1 next year we need to have a list of 20 resources, i have 9 at the moment, but i was just wondering, is there actually a minimum of resources that you are required to have or is he just trying to get us to make sure we have alot of resources to help?.

Also what can be classified as a resource?
Say if i use a focus group on a few younger drivers on how the driving restrictions effect them, could i list them as a resource?

KnifeySpoony

HSC
You mean research?
Well you should've probably learnt by now of that research goes into two categories: primary and secondary.
Primary is research you've done yourself, so think to your methodologies: so yeah a focus group on a few younger drivers(as u mentioned) would be one.
If i remember correctly you should probably use 3-4 research methodologies.
I'm sure you know/can figure out what secondary research is, imo its probably a good idea to look into a wide range of sources so you can cross-ref and get different perspectives.

HSC
There is no minimum/maximum number of required research methodologies, only as many or as few as you need to deliver your PIP in the best way you feel is possible.

As KnifeySpooney suggests, 3 - 4 of these resources (I would say 6 ABSOLUTE max but that would be pushing it!) should be primary methodologies that you conduct yourself such as your focus group. The rest of your research methodologies would be secondary research i.e. the sort of research one normally uses for an assignment. These primary and secondary resources should be synthesised (i.e. put in throughout your PIP and complement each other). Again, there's no fixed number of resources to use that is ideal but it wouldn't hurt to explore as many resources as you can in these earlier stages to give you ideas and guide your PIP:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)