PIP Questionairre - Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

selablad

HSC
Hey everyone,
my PIP topic this year is 'The Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers'
It would be an immense help if you cared to fill it out. I am more than happy to
reciprocate if you have a questionairre that needs filling out.

Thank you,
Laura
:)

edit: this survey is no longer required to be filled out after 25th April 2009.
again, thank you!!

Society and Culture Survey
The Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers

How often do you buy fast food?
- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit?
KFC or Subway

What form of fast food advertising do you view the most?
-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product?
No, if anything fast food ads annoy me :D mostly I go with other people's recommendations when deciding on new 'products'

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective?
Um...I'm not sure because I don't really concentrate on advertising myself so I don't know how it affects other teenagers. Probably billboards or signs near the place would sway me most, because that's sort of immediate, like 'look at me, come and have a Big Mac NOW', rather than say TV ads which are 'hey, if you're ever near Maccas you should try this new burger' which I would forget about.

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them?
Well, I can't speak for teenagers in general but fast food advertising doesn't really sway me or my friends (mostly girls). A lot of ads I see are more marketed at little children, with the toys and stuff, and I'm not all that into My Little Pony, so... If they're not marketed at children, I've noticed that they're very much marketed at guys - there are always guys kicking a football around with bikini-clad girls, holding their KFC bag or whatever. And that just annoys me.

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product?

See above, plus there's one for Hungry Jacks out now (I think) that has some old overweight guy with his son playing video games while eating burgers. I have NO idea where they're going with that one...

Brontecat

HSC

How often do you buy fast food?
- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month This one
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit?
The local pizza and chinese place

What form of fast food advertising do you view the most?
-Television THIS
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product?
none

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective?

i think billboards i generally dont think about fast food unless im out then ill see a maccas sign or something and ill be like mmm might have that 4 lunch

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them?
not really i think by now ppl are beginning to form their own opinion and making decisions based on past experience

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product?

dominos cheaper tuesday is here for 5 something pick up, 5 someting pickup dominos dominos now is here. Dominos!

that one gets stuck in my head so its probs pretty effective in reminding me of dominos pizza when we have take-out

</SPAN>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)