pip ideas (1 Viewer)

milotis

HSC
I was thinking of doing mine on 'Is chivalry really dead?' or something. I was thinking of addressing how there seems to be a lack of respect and common curtesy amoung our generation and comparing it to other generations and even cultures.

What do you think? I've been mulling it over for a while now.

clo-ree

HSC
Im supposed to have my intoduction completed by this friday :mad:

Beckerella

HSC
PIPs what a nightmare - be sure to backup everything you do! My computer crashed and I lost everything TWO WEEKS before we had to submit the whole thing. I had to pull so many all nighters to re-do everything - it nearly killed me.

Beckerella

HSC
milotis said:
I was thinking of doing mine on 'Is chivalry really dead?' or something. I was thinking of addressing how there seems to be a lack of respect and common curtesy amoung our generation and comparing it to other generations and even cultures.

What do you think? I've been mulling it over for a while now.
One of the other topics I was thinking of using when I did my PIP was 'Feminism: The New 'F' Word' since there's such a negative stigma around it especially within girls. I know so many girls who constantly say "I'm not a feminist but..." I hate it.

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
media, education, feminism/gender roles = all over done
why not choose something more personal, something unique e.g. something to do with your family, or your micro world

milotis

HSC
Ok, so i've completely changed my mind on what I want to do for my pip topic.

I'm now thinking along the lines of how this generation is becoming increzsingly lazy where they shop online instead of going out and how they date online instead of meeting people etc. Something like that.

I was thinking of calling it something like 'Man or Mouse?'

What do you think..i haven't heard of anyone doing something like this but it could still be overdone.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
milotis said:
Ok, so i've completely changed my mind on what I want to do for my pip topic.

I'm now thinking along the lines of how this generation is becoming increzsingly lazy where they shop online instead of going out and how they date online instead of meeting people etc. Something like that.

I was thinking of calling it something like 'Man or Mouse?'

What do you think..i haven't heard of anyone doing something like this but it could still be overdone.
It sounds like an interesting idea but you have to be careful that your PIP doesn't end up dissipating into an 'influence of technology on society' pip, which is overdone. Give it an interesting cross-cultural component, like gender or subcultural difference. Nice title though.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Beckerella said:
PIPs what a nightmare - be sure to backup everything you do! My computer crashed and I lost everything TWO WEEKS before we had to submit the whole thing. I had to pull so many all nighters to re-do everything - it nearly killed me.
aaaaargh holy fuck, that would have been horrific. I lost part of my Extension History major work two days before it was due. Luckily I managed to ace it though (thanks to all-nighters, coffees and stress-fuelled energy). Do you think your PIP ended up being as good as the original?

percussionista

HSC
twinkles. said:
media, education, feminism/gender roles = all over done
why not choose something more personal, something unique e.g. something to do with your family, or your micro world
so like the changing shape/ structure of the Australian family?
looking at divorce rates, de facto, blended families, single parent families, DINKS etc?

Its rather broad and I'm not too sure how to approach it.

Help would be appreciated =D

hpdanemma

HSC
I'm concentrating on "why is society drawn to gossip?" meaning why people tend to ignore social issues and spend their time/money/energy on trivial things [celebrities, magazines etc]. I want to look at the influences which cause people to behave like this [psychological and social].
So yeh I know what I want to do, but it seems so broad and I can't think of a 'cool' title haha.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
hpdanemma said:
I'm concentrating on "why is society drawn to gossip?" meaning why people tend to ignore social issues and spend their time/money/energy on trivial things [celebrities, magazines etc]. I want to look at the influences which cause people to behave like this [psychological and social].
So yeh I know what I want to do, but it seems so broad and I can't think of a 'cool' title haha.
sif stress about titles now? i came up with mine the day before.

cheese!

HSC
I'm going to focus on how our definition of art's changing. Knowing me though, it'll be a completely different topic mid way through next year.

Liquid Buzz

HSC
I'm focusing on attitudes towards multiculturalism. I'm sure its overdone but it's something I'm interested in and can hopefully pull off well.

jscaaa

HSC
N/A
i really need help with a PIP topic , for the trial one with my assignment i did something to do with consumerism and a materialistic lifestyle affected self actualization , but im not sure if i want to do that now , i thought if doing media and gender stereotyping , but then i want to do smething to do with nationality and races

Davii

HSC
Hey, I'm new here so take it easy on me. I'm not sure if these questions have been answered, or if they're relevant to this topic.

Firstly, I wanted to do my pip on how games have progressed over the past decade, and how they affect people (physically, emotionally, socially)

Secondly, I wanted to make reference to the growing population of gamers. I wanted to make it evident that it is slowly but surely becoming less and less "Uncool" to play games

And thirdly, I'd like to make reference to game ratings, this way
I cover the "Age" aspect.

Now, my questions are the following:

What can my PIP question be?

Where can I research information about the progress of Gaming?

How can I do Primary research?

How do i back up any research i find, being that there have been (to my knowledge) no studies on the topic so far.

By the way I'm not aiming to get WHOAH AWESOME marks, I just wanna complete the damned thing so that i don't fail hsc. ty in advance!:D

p.s. If i'm in the wrong topic, redirect me to another topic please. Thanks again.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe make a new thread for your question in this same section?

GRM

HSC
Hey, im doing my pip on Living in a virtual reality... like when people cant differentiate between there lives online and there real lives...

http://community.boredofstudies.org...pip-questionnaire-living-virtual-reality.html there is the link to my questionnaire, and if you play games (eg World of Warcraft, etc) could you please please please fill out this questionnaire for me./.. it would be so helpful, i will fill out yours if you fill out mine. Thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)