PIP awards (1 Viewer)

kristy_lee26

HSC
Hey, does anyone know when the names of the PIP award winners is released. I thought my PIP was really good but i only got an overall score of 83 so i am guessing that i didn't get one but i am intrested to see who did. Also, does anyone know when the book, that has the photo's of the winners n stuff comes out?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
whoa
holy crap... a few things:
1) u actually got a mark for your PiP? what do you mean by "overall mark of 83"
2) if anyone knows anything about this book, then please do post.. i knew nothing of it
3) going on from no. 1 - my teacher was told that there was no mark released for the PiP itself, and he was bugging the PiP marking centre for aaages, and they wouldnt give him anything...

in summary, wtf??

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
whoa
holy crap... a few things:
1) u actually got a mark for your PiP? what do you mean by "overall mark of 83"
2) if anyone knows anything about this book, then please do post.. i knew nothing of it
3) going on from no. 1 - my teacher was told that there was no mark released for the PiP itself, and he was bugging the PiP marking centre for aaages, and they wouldnt give him anything...

in summary, wtf??
1) What she meant was (and I hope) that her overall S&C mark for her HSC was 83, not the PIP
2) I think she means the Society and Culture magazine called CultureScope - see here although I don't think it's updated
3) Apparently there is a mark, some sort of calculation, and from what I heard (as a rumour), it's released to the school in march/april the year after the PIPs have completed, although I've never heard about an individual mark

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
1) What she meant was (and I hope) that her overall S&C mark for her HSC was 83, not the PIP
2) I think she means the Society and Culture magazine called CultureScope - see here although I don't think it's updated
3) Apparently there is a mark, some sort of calculation, and from what I heard (as a rumour), it's released to the school in march/april the year after the PIPs have completed, although I've never heard about an individual mark
i also hope she meant her overall SaC mark... after my little spaz attack i kinda realised thats probably what she meant...

and im going to be going up to the school in march/april just in case lol.. where did you hear this rumour?

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
i also hope she meant her overall SaC mark... after my little spaz attack i kinda realised thats probably what she meant...

and im going to be going up to the school in march/april just in case lol.. where did you hear this rumour?
I think it was somewhere here on BOS. Although my teacher never commented on it when we asked her about it.

Another alternative is that you can ask your teacher for an estimate of what you could/would have gotten (if they are an experienced HSC marker/teacher)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Another alternative is that you can ask your teacher for an estimate of what you could/would have gotten (if they are an experienced HSC marker/teacher)
yeah judging on my overall assessment mark we (my teacher and i) reckon i would have gotten what i got on average for my assessments and the like.. somewhere like mid 80s or something.. and thats wishful thinking lol.
ill still be going up/calling in march april.

nahian

HSC
I dont think marks for PIPs are distributed..teachers only presume a certain mark based on what a certain student got for their final mark
Im pretty sure that PIP awards are given to students that got 30

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
yeah marks arent distributed. not even my teacher got mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)