PIP 2006 Topic and Help!! (1 Viewer)

Kath6779

HSC
Hey everyone,
I decided to make this thread mainly coz I need help and thought it would be good to share topics, ideas etc...
anyhow for my PIP I plan to focus on troubled youth- homlessness and research the services avaliable and compare city life to metropoliton life...or/and compare via case study my life in a private school with a functional family to that of a homeless youth.....
anyone got any comments or help for my idea please tell!!!!

sillybillie

HSC
pip topic

HEYYY
I reckon u have chosen a good research area, original and shall be interesting congrads...was there anythin that made u pick it??
I'm doing mine on city life - country life....im not totally sure on everything at the moment but i plan do research the government assistance offered to each, the lifestyle difference for youth, times of hardship eg: drought etc

WATS EVERYONE ELSE DOIN??????????????

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
PIP Ideas 2006 - click here

A decision held by past, present and future society and culture students regarding ideas for the PIP, how to make it unique and what their teacher’s recommendations\advice were.

Also a number of threads and stickies in this forum that should help you with ideas. Just thought that thread could of been over looked and it did have some good information.

chiz2010

HSC
Re: pip topic

hay everyone who does society and culture who has the daunting task of getting started on their pips! My first draft is due at the end of term....it's scary cause that is only 8 weeks or so.... my topic deals with australian identity, australian pride and what it means to be australian to the average aussie today and through time! I've started writing a few ideas down for my introduction...if anyone can be bothered to read and looked over it i would appreciate heapz....thankyou guys....and gudluck......xo

“Football, meat pies, kangaroos, and Holden cars. What being Australian means to the generation of males today and through time”. (?) (What it means to males compared to females)

Intro.......

Red necks, boof heads and down right dingbats. Currently these are the individuals being perceived in today’s society as being characteristically Australian just because they were lucky enough to be born in this great country.

There in front of me, a young man foolishly, proclaiming he was more Australian than many other, just because he was fortunate enough to be apart of our significant country AUSTRALIA! Stood there he did on national TV with a slogan emblazoned upon his pale bare chest, “I grew here, you flew here”. It got me thinking just what did being Australian mean to people, whether they be young, old, born here or not and whether attitudes regarding this concept had changed over time.

I had a couple of ideas for my Personal Interest Project but it wasn’t until I was watching Nines National news about the riots at Cronulla that I felt I could write about something that’s relevant and significant to my own personal individuality and uniqueness.

As I began looking for information on this topic I discovered this search for an “Australian Identity” as such was an important issue to a lot of people. Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies will be needed to gain the necessary statistics about this issue in today’s communities. Open ended questionnaires will enable for expressive perceptions of what it means to be Australian to various individuals. Personal interviews will allow for comprehensive discussion on the anticipated subject matter. Secondary resource information was readily available from the internet, local library, books, magazine articles, newspapers and videos. I also found the internet was a valuable source of first hand interviews and case studies.

I had never really thought about what being Australian meant to myself personally but if I had to put it into words it would be being able to live in a safe and peaceful country, having the right to express my opinions without fear of reprisal, contributing to the community and respecting other people’s rights.

Who can say just exactly what it means to be Australian? Traditionally the images it conjures up of sun, sand sea and of the great Australian outback are what most people think of when describing our country. The question is what values, beliefs and qualities combine to give us a sense of our Australian identity? We often think of sportsmen and women or of heroes and legends from the bush that give us this sense of Australianism and our own ideas are usually a reflection of our upbringing and our parents and grandparents views.

The challenge of this research project is to find out how our perceptions of our own identity has changed over time if indeed it has and what the influence of migration and multicultural ideas has had on this aspect of Australian society.

It would also be appropriate to consider the indigenous population and their views on what it is to be Australian, as their ancestors were the original occupants of this country.

I havent quite finished i have to emphasis on points and go on about my cross cultural and stuff......but thanx for readin..

Kulazzi

HSC

wow! That is really good, I think you've covered pretty much everything in your intro. Keep it up, it really does look excellent! :uhhuh:

chiz2010

HSC

hay thanx i tried really hard but need to fix up bits....im stressing out caz i got to get my questionaires out to everyone...and start on my central material.......and i also find it hard to write big terms....if u have ne advice it wud be great!

jaihson

HSC
You dont really have to have the full-draft complete by end of term do you? Cause that would be kinda ridiculous I think. It's so early.

chiz2010

HSC
lol im really not joking it is rediculous but our teacher ia gay.... he wants us to finish it all but mid term 2 so hes set a dead line for first draft of the whole thing at end of term....plus weve got our first assesment in less than 2 weeks for society its crazy......oh well i will just have to do as much as i can.....

Kulazzi

HSC
Just have a look at all the threads marked important at the top of the PIP sub forum and follow on from there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)