Pictures of aesthetically pleasing cars (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
yea, mirin my dad's gear shifting, have to learn one day but problem is we only got autos.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
yea, mirin my dad's gear shifting, have to learn one day but problem is we only got autos.
Same here. I'm doing semi-auto for the time being but it still sucks.

Can't do anything fun if you take them to a track day cause its easier to drift, do burnouts and do doughnuts in a manual.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
we have semi auto as well, but ceebs learning, atm.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

fxx, u buy from ferrari but ferrari keeps it.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Its not hard. I learnt it on first go.

Its like trying to use manual in a racing video game. You just press a button or use the stickshift.
Pretty much the life of using semi-auto. Probably going to buy a manual car soon but I mainly use the shift mode when I'm going down hills to avoid using breaks etc

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty much the life of using semi-auto. Probably going to buy a manual car soon but I mainly use the shift mode when I'm going down hills to avoid using breaks etc
Just be careful you don't over rev.

I use the stick shift for going uphill (obviously) and on the motorway, because the torque converter isn't quick enough when I flatline (have to let go of accelerator too when doing this or else I can hear a click in the change (presuming friction and I don't want to damage anything)).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Its not really a smart idea to do that though. I understand uphill but not downhill.
I just mean you shouldn't be making too much use of engine braking in daily driving. I don't even go back to second or first when coming up to lights - but that depends on how your car is geared.

As for uphill haha, it's much the opposite - shift down for moar torque!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)